• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Bolivian rams with fry

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Love it! Cichlids tend to be such good parents. I always liked my Bolivians. A shame I got rid of them.

mchambers

Former CCA member
They disappeared a couple of days later. :-(

Am hoping the parents will try again soon. May have to transfer some of the fry to a breeder box this time.

Termato

Board of Directors
They disappeared a couple of days later. :-(

Am hoping the parents will try again soon. May have to transfer some of the fry to a breeder box this time.

Awww, that's unfortunate. Hopefully you'll have better luck on the next batch. Someone gave me some good advice to siphon the fry once they have and are wigglers (before free swimming) to get them away from their parents.

mchambers

Former CCA member
I once had a pair that successfully raised their fry without human intervention, but these guys haven't figured it out yet.

lkelly

Members
I once had a pair that successfully raised their fry without human intervention, but these guys haven't figured it out yet.

If it makes you (or the Rams) feel better, there are many humans that haven't figured out how to raise their offspring without human intervention.

Becca

Members
If it makes you (or the Rams) feel better, there are many humans that haven't figured out how to raise their offspring without human intervention.

I require regular interventions... oh... wait...

In all seriousness, put me on the waiting list for a couple of those cuties ;).