• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My 120

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
I realized I havent showed everyone my 120. I do weekly water changes of at least 25% and Im running a pinguin 350 and a filstar XP L canister filter.
The stock is 1 albino osphoremus goramy 4.5", 6 cryptotheros cuatepeque 1.5"-2", 1 common pleco 11", 1 sun catfish 6", and my favorite, my potamotrygon reticulata 5" wide.

The cuatepeques, they are doing a surprisingly good job at not being eaten:D I've even seen them chase the goramy but just incase they start to get harrassed I have a 29 on standby
120 1.jpg

120 2.jpg

Here's Ray Charles the stingray. Easily my favorite fish that I own.
120 4.jpg

120 6.jpg

He got a bit camera shy near the end
120 7.jpg

Sheryl the goramy. She's still pretty shy from being shipped heer from Florida a week ago.
120 9.jpg

120 3.jpg

And an FTS

120 8.jpg

I couldnt get any good pics of the sun cat. I'll try again tomorrow
Thanks for lookin

120 1.jpg

120 2.jpg

120 3.jpg

120 4.jpg

120 6.jpg

120 7.jpg

120 8.jpg

120 9.jpg

120 fts.jpg

Last edited:

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Amatlania coatepeque has been described as a separate species. There are four described species (although I'm not sure I could explain all the differences) to what we commonly call convicts. After keeping cons from 7 or 8 different locations, they all have slight differences in body shape and coloration. The coatepeques came from my pair through Chrisitine (so the are F3's). I've found them to be a bit more streamlined than most and the females are the least colorful I have seen, usually showing more gold or silver in the flanks than the typical orange. They are pretty laid back compared to other cons. I keep mine in a 55 with a pair of fire mouths and a few other fish.

Coatepeques are almost non-existent in the hobby. I got my pair from Sam Santangelo who collected them in lake coatepeque himself. Matt and I both have F1 fish and have distributed some locally.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Cool I got mine from someone on here the first week I got on the forum so I have no idea what or where they are from...Dan you got some awesome cons sweet

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Amatlania coatepeque has been described as a separate species. There are four described species (although I'm not sure I could explain all the differences) to what we commonly call convicts. After keeping cons from 7 or 8 different locations, they all have slight differences in body shape and coloration. The coatepeques came from my pair through Chrisitine (so the are F3's). I've found them to be a bit more streamlined than most and the females are the least colorful I have seen, usually showing more gold or silver in the flanks than the typical orange. They are pretty laid back compared to other cons. I keep mine in a 55 with a pair of fire mouths and a few other fish.

Coatepeques are almost non-existent in the hobby. I got my pair from Sam Santangelo who collected them in lake coatepeque himself. Matt and I both have F1 fish and have distributed some locally.

Thats cool, I didnt know that they where that rare.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Sweet!
man I wish I had room for a ray...my cons look like those do you know what the difference is other than the location etc?

Thanks, the ray is really worth the money. I used to have a male and a female (the female in my current avatar) with the intention to breed them but after my female died I was told it takes 3-5 years for them to be sexually mature so I decided just to keep him alone.