• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Malawi FS: April 2012

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Have the following for sale. Can bring to the April meeting this weekend.

Pretty sure of sizes, but will confirm tonight.

-Iodotropheus sprengerae (Rusties) (1"-1.5", $4 each, 6 for $20)
-Placidochromis phenochilus Tanzania (1", $5 each, 6 for $25)
-Otopharynx lithobates (1.75"-2", $5 each, 6 for $25)
-Otopharynx heterodon Tanzania (1.5"-2", $6 each, 5 for $25)
-Pseudotrohpeus sp. Acei White tail Ngara (1.25"-1.75" $5 each, 6 for $25)
-Melanochromis baliodigma (1" $3 each)
-Fossochromis rostratus (1" $3 each)
-Labidochromis caeruleus (yellow labs) (1.5"-1.75", $3 each, 4 for $10)
-Albino bristle nose plecos (1.75"-2"+ $3 each)

Probably forgot something, but will update tonight.

Shoot me a PM if interested.
:happy0180:

Last edited:

Tony

Otopharynx heterodon Tanzania. Lost male breeder. Few available.

232323232%7Ffp635%3A4%3Enu%3D34%3C7%3E846%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D3486438683348nu0mrj

Wet Sleeves

CCA Members
Staff member
For some reason the forum isnt letting PM you so..... I was wondering what you still have available?

Thanks.
Brett

Tony

For some reason the forum isnt letting PM you so..... I was wondering what you still have available?

Thanks.
Brett

Sold out the Otopharynx lithobates, but have some of everything else right now.

eden2020

Members
Fish for May meeting...

Tony.. How many Phenos do you have left? Might take a few more to be safe. The fish you brought are doing great..

Talk to you soon- marc and family..

Tony

Tony.. How many Phenos do you have left? Might take a few more to be safe. The fish you brought are doing great..

Talk to you soon- marc and family..

Not all that many. Have a couple of groups.... one is spoken for already. I should be able to save you a group though.

:happy0180:

eden2020

Members
Foss Rostatus...

Tony, while you are at it, put 5 Foss in a bag for Marcus too.. I guess that's what happens when you set-up another tank..

-Marc

Malawimania

Members
Not so peaceful, in my experience...

Matt

Funny you should say that. I have a foss in my Tank right now, he has earned the nick name Hercules cause hes my alpha at 7"(full color beautiful), and man can he be nasty. I think it's so funny that some people will have completely different things to say about the same breed of fish. I bought him from HOT a month ago, told my girlfriend that they're gentle giants(cichlid-forum list him as peaceful). I love him though and would never advise someone not to get one, just know that these guys can throw their weight around, and choose tank mates wisely. Big tank is helpful :D

-Steve

Tony

Big tank is helpful :D

Absolutely. A group will need a 6' tank, though single males would probably work in a 5' all-male setup. They take a considerably long time to get up to giant size though.

They can be pretty assertive, but not the nastiest fish I've kept. Mostly it's their size that allows them to be such rough-housers. Compared to guys like venustus, fusco, Tyrannochromis, Buccochromis or Aristochromis, they are puppy dogs.

I say this now, but my guys are only about 10"-11" now. I'll tell you how I feel a year from now. ;)

Here were my two boys from the fall. I just noticed, that there's actually a holding female in the background.

DSC_0047F.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, put my little guy Marcus's name on the remaining group please.

Thanks- Marc and family

Everything I order will now be in my sons name, "honey I need the credit card Im ordering some stuff for our son" :D

He also said he wants a tank in the living room!

Sorry for the derail Chip.