• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB Live Plants

bertolli

Members
Hey all,
My cousin is turning his 55 into a discus tank and live plants are hard for him to come by in Brooklyn. I will be visiting him the 2nd week of March and he asked if I could bring him some plants. If anyone has any hearty plants that will survive a 5-8 hour car ride I will be interested in purchasing some. He plans to be running c02 so they don't have to be the heartiest.
Thanks for looking

chris_todd

Members
Lots of folks here keep plants, so you might not need to go any further, but you should also check out the February GWAPA meeting, a week from Saturday at Rick and Mary Dotson's house in Northern Virginia. See www.gwapa.org for more info.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Where do you live? Some area LFS have nice selections of live plants. Most plants shouldn't have a problem making the car trip in a bag.

mrkillie

Members
Don't know your planned route, but That Fish Place always has a good selection of plants. Maybe worth a little detour.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Craigslist Ad:

Date: 2010-02-17, 7:50PM EST
Reply to: sale-ddvkp-1605766365@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

i re-did my tank and have a bunch more plants for sale:

3 echinodorus amazonicus, amazon sword @ $3.50 ea

3 medium (15-20 inches) cryptocorine usteriana, $10 ea

2 small (6-7 inches) crypt usteriana $5 both

2 rizomes of anubia nana "petite" $5 ea

mini water lettuce, floating plant, $4 for large handful

4-5 random crypts, probably green wentii and becketii $5 all

let me know if u have any questions

chris_todd

Members
LOL, I'm pretty sure that's Damian Davila, and I'm pretty sure those plants haven't sold yet. Jump on the GWAPA forum for more details...

Craigslist Ad:

Date: 2010-02-17, 7:50PM EST
Reply to: sale-ddvkp-1605766365@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

i re-did my tank and have a bunch more plants for sale:

3 echinodorus amazonicus, amazon sword @ $3.50 ea

3 medium (15-20 inches) cryptocorine usteriana, $10 ea

2 small (6-7 inches) crypt usteriana $5 both

2 rizomes of anubia nana "petite" $5 ea

mini water lettuce, floating plant, $4 for large handful

4-5 random crypts, probably green wentii and becketii $5 all

let me know if u have any questions

bertolli

Members
Thanks for the craigslist ad, I actually live in Annandale too.
Where is that fish place located? never been there.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Thanks for the craigslist ad, I actually live in Annandale too.
Where is that fish place located? never been there.
Lancaster, PA. Very nice large pet store with a great selction of plants and fish. Joel was suggesting stopping by there on your way to NY, its probably over a 2 hour drive from NoVA.

bertolli

Members
If I drive to NY ill stop by and check it, but right now it looks like im taking the bus. Just got back from Damian's and he sold me a bunch of nice plants for excellent prices and he's holding them for me until i leave. I bought a 48" light from him about 6 months ago from craigslist too, very nice guy.

ddavila06

Members
LOL, its funny to see you guys talking nice about me, im glad i have good feed back on my plants:D See you guys at Rick's and Mary's!

A

AlishanAS

Mark Denaro of Anubias design recently brought in a large plant shipment. Might want to check out his site. He's in Bensalem, PA.

hey bertolli,

check out damian's craig's list plants. i got some from him and he will definitely beat any aquarium stores price. the selection is good and the plants are healthy.

regards,
rapidsixguns (aka michael)

bertolli

Members
Yea he's a good guy and he does give more than fair prices. I guess he works on and off at Superpetz in Annandale and it's funny to hear his opinions of the store :lol: his prices sure blow them out of the water ;)

The plants weren't for me but when I get the africans out of my 43Tall im gonna turn that into a planted tank, what kind of fish do you plan on keeping with your plants?