• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Male Benthochromis Tricoti-Approaching Spawning

tparker

Members
Seems that my tricoti will beat cyphos gibberosas to the spawning punch. Male beginning to show spawning colors.

Benthos 126.jpg

Benthos 128.jpg

Benthos 129.jpg

Benthos 130.jpg

frkyltn

Members
Nice colors Terrell..nice to see you still have the Fronts.,thought you were giving up both colonies..getting that 150 soon and already have 2 juvie Fronts growing out in the 75..

tparker

Members
Nah keeping my fronts.
Did sell one colony of mpimbwe
Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Holy awesome!

That's certainly something you do not see every day. :)

How big are they? How many do you have? How long have you had them? Tell us more!

tparker

Members
The males are roughly 7"+ and females 4.5-5". Have had 4 months. I have four. Lost a female. WC from Little Africa Aquatics and Valley Aquatics. Did some researching prior to purchase but still learning these guys. Has taken up til now to settle in and color up. But they are featherfins which explains the long acclimation time. Considered selling but glad that I didnt. Very good tank mates with fronts.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

tparker

Members
Benthochromis Tricoti

Hahahaha
trying to get better with patience. This is a patience building hobby.
Now if I can just get a handle on impulse purchasing.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Very cool fish... and one I've not tried.

I've heard issues with them (kind of like Fronts) freaking out and knocking into decorations.

Matt