• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

120 gallon stocking

will this work?
2-blood parrots
1-kirin parrot
1-oscar
2-senegal bichrs.
it will be overfiltered.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I think it would be tight for the oscar when full grown, but you should be okay for a while if you keep up with water changes.

would
5-blood parrots
1-kirin parrot
2-senegal bichrs be better? i can do like 50% biweekly if needed.

also if i removed one bp would it be more comfortable for the oscar? im tryong to decide between 4 more bps or an oscar.

would that stock be better if i took out the oscar and added a jack dempsey.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
would that stock be better if i took out the oscar and added a jack dempsey.

With the oscar, its adult size and food aggression/ waste. With the dempsey, aggression may be a concern when parrots are the tankmates.

Are we talking about a 4' or 5' 120? Imo if it is the 5', I think the oscar will work.

Sent from my DROIDX

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
4 foot by 2 foot

I would definitely not go with an Oscar. The tank dimensions are ok for a dempsey but I would not put them with parrots. My recommendations to include the parrots are severum, blue dempsey, chocolate, flyer, aequidens other than green terrors, astotheros... semi-aggressive types. Obviously not all together in your 4x2.

Sent from my DROIDX

I would definitely not go with an Oscar. The tank dimensions are ok for a dempsey but I would not put them with parrots. My recommendations to include the parrots are severum, blue dempsey, chocolate, flyer, aequidens other than green terrors, astotheros... semi-aggressive types. Obviously not all together in your 4x2.

Sent from my DROIDX

thanks! i think im gonna go with a severum.

would
4-blood parrots
1-kirin parrot
10-congo tetras
2-senegal bichrs be better or would
2-blood parrotz
1-kirin parrot
6-congo tetras
2-senegal bichrs be better?

how can they eat congos? they are huge?! and im over filtering the tank and can do multiple water changes a week ao bioload isnt an issue.

would a gold/ blue dempsey work better? its like an ebjd but hardier and has gold instead of blue. i really want one but if not im going with
4-bps
1-kirin parrot
10-congo tetras
2-senegal bichrs.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
No brainer.. how could you go wrong with the beer of my people?

calories-in-kirin-beer-21351593.jpg