• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

ACA 2015...how was it?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Was a great time.
I bought a sign and nothing else. LOL
We did not stay for the auction. Tracey and I left at 7am Sunday to beat the traffic.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Hotel was pretty cool.
NICE place
The convention was on the 2nd and 3rd floors.
This was taken looking down from the 9th of 12 floors. The display
tanks were on 2 and 3

82B8B9D0-56B6-4711-B0F6-3BC7D1FBB7CB_zpsbj7xvwmu.jpg

They had a "Discus Hans" kids decorating contest.
This was right before they started.
4E174909-E6BC-401D-BC1C-8B96DC0F2BFD_zpsniawnjfn.jpg

The sign

A2412623-6E3D-4667-815B-83B18C3AC216_zpseews8gfa.jpg

Went to a couple stores with Laif
One was nothing.(turned out to be 90% salt) the other was Uncle Ned's.
58638064-F1A2-4BFE-B69F-C84213FA2A2C_zpscccsdx3u.jpg

F2B665B4-8F5C-4896-A623-55FE1EE79FAE_zpsmubvfbab.jpg

Saw a lot of good talks. Lots of vendors. Some new ones. Of course the BABES auction.
Other than these, I did not take any pictures.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Next year its back in Cincy.
3rd time that club has hosted and the 4th time Phil Benis has Chaired one.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
It was a blast! I had a great time hanging out with a good representations of CCA folks (me, Tony, Pat, Tracey, Matt, Tony G, Jim, Rachel, Jesse) and getting to see some of the folks that I have met over the years at ACA Conventions. Lots of good talks from the speakers. Next year is in Cinci. Should be fun!

jonclark96

Past CCA President
The BABES auction was a great time, as always. For anyone who has never attended one, it is certainly something you should try to get to.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Yep,
this one was 6 hours or so.
Cincinnati is like 9 hours or so. (those are drive times for me. North of Baltimore)
The following year is not decided. I heard Sacramento California is putting in a bid. 2017

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Since I have been going they have been
2003 Cincinnati Ohio
2004 Denver CO
2005 Fort Worth TX
2006 Chicago IL
2007 Sacramento CA
2008 Atlanta GA
2009 Cincinatti Ohio
2010 Milwaukee WI
2011 Washington DC
2012 Indianapolis Indiana
2013 Denver CO
2014 Louisville KY
2015 Springfield MA

Tangcollector

Staff member
It was a blast. Ad Konings Featherfin talk was awesome, but I think Paul Loseille's talk about history and current situation of Lake Victoria was the most fascinating. There was also a good talk on fish feed from Dr Claudia Westfahl from Germany. She was a veterinarian nutritionist for Tetra. All the speakers were extremely approachable. There were some great fish and some great deals. Lots of great people there and a good turnout from CCY also. I will be in Cincinnati.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
And congrats to Michael Mull of CCY who's oreochromis won best in show in the fish show. Matt Quinn also has several fish place in the fish show, including a really nice cryptoheros myrnae who won its class.

AquaStudent

Members
It was great seeing y'all there. The CCA was well represented.

The talks were nice. I think I enjoyed de Greef's talk on his trip to Guatemala the most. It's so interesting to hear about all these amazing excursions.