• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Quick video of the fish

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
This is a quick video of the fish in the fishroom. Nothing new, just lots of fry. Getting ready for the Big Fish Deal
I did water changes Saturday but did not have time to work on the algae. Couple of the tanks are a little rough. LOL

[YT]pLI3qS1nbmI[/YT]

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I did not clean any glass either. Sorry.
I will try to get the other tanks soon. Lots of color starting in them too.

Fish look healthy and the set up is the best bang for the buck. You have a powerful air pump to drive so many tanks. What brand is it and do you have a spare?

They are not show tanks, so leave some algae on the glass is beneficial, and just clean the front so you can see the fish.

FishEggs

They are not show tanks, so leave some algae on the glass is beneficial, and just clean the front so you can see the fish.

I do this on my display tanks. Gives the fish something to peck at and i think it looks ok plus its less work to do.

Nice set up and good looking fish. :thumbsup:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Fest
It's aulonocara chilumba. He is 7 or 8 years old now. Originally got him from maddog. He has now stopped breeding. Like 4 of those tanks have his fry in them. There will be males at BFD4.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fest
It's aulonocara chilumba. He is 7 or 8 years old now. Originally got him from maddog. He has now stopped breeding. Like 4 of those tanks have his fry in them. There will be males at BFD4.

It looks like an Ngara flametail to me. The two species must be closely related.

If you only need to dechlor, you are lucky to have only chlorine, no chloramine in your water which is much easier to do large WC.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Fest

I just looked at an old post.
I picked him up with some females at a board meeting at Mike's house March of 2008. He was in a grow out tank and was colored up.
Figure I have had him 7.5 years and he had to be 6months -1 year old then.
I think he has done good for a peacock.