• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Ft / FS geo altifrons

Acpape0

Members
Sadly I am looking to part with my group of 6 4-5" geophagus altifrons. The only reason I am getting rid of them is I have come to hate sand as a substrate and I can not change it with them in the tank. These are very colorful / peaceful sand sifters. They do grow large. As far as I know no one in the club breeds them so a group of 6 is a good start.

Trades have to be silver arowana compatable ... Meaning they can't fit into a 13" silvers mouth. And they can't require sand as a substrate.

I am open to pretty much anything such as sevs, large dithers, bichirs, sa/ca cichlids (no glass bangers please) , dats, discus, etc

Can accept cash with trade or add cash on my end

I hate to see these guys go but I hate sand more

http://youtu.be/pyvHXwwTNe8

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rasta Fish

Members
Adam
Get a 1" hose about 6' in length from home depot and siphon the sand out of that tank into a bucket its pretty easy to do and fast

Acpape0

Members
I am having trouble keeping clean ... My only recourse is getting a battery gravel vac for daily touch ups ... How do you keep it clean between weekly water changes?

dogofwar

CCA Members
Less (sand) is more. I have a thin layer of PFS in most of my tanks. Waste accumulates on the top and gets blown into a filter or sucked up during water changes.

Matt

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I am having trouble keeping clean ... My only recourse is getting a battery gravel vac for daily touch ups ... How do you keep it clean between weekly water changes?

Adam - I picked up one of those battery-powered vacs (Eheim maybe?) at an auction new. While they may be decent for smaller tanks, certainly don't have the *** to be very effective in a decent-sized tank.

blkmjk

Members

I don't keep mine clean... I am not a tank look perfectionist. I scape nicely but invite algae growth and nasty stuff that accumulates on the bottom could be handled better if I had some decent powerheads.

Drew

Becca

Members
Get some nice round, soft rocks and pile them up in a corner or two... add a bit of water movement. The debris that doesn't get sucked up by a filter will get caught behind the rocks... Your geos won't mind the big rocks and you'll see less schmutz.

Acpape0

Members
$199 then club discount to $179... They had two more for $150 but they couldn't get them to eat ... Only way I would buy it is if I saw it eat and the bigger one ate...

Acpape0

Members
Yearly cca membership paid for itself in just one purchase ... Between auctions / buying from members and HOT discount this club has saved me lots of $ .... Long live the CCA