• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

120 gallon stocking

what about this?
2-blood parrots
1-kirin parrot
10-congo tetras
2-cutteri cichlids
2-senegal bichrs
i have 3 canisters running on the tank. 2 cascades(180 gph) and an aquatop(360gph).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Dude. The bichrs will eat the tetras.

not to be blunt, but people lose interest in a thread when you ignore sound advice.

if you look at the care sheet on the mfk forum congos are listed under tankmates. the general rule is 3in +. im not ignoring advice. i took your advice and weighed it against other.

dogofwar

CCA Members
bichir + Congo tetras = fat bichirs

Silver dollars (large ones) or larger barbs could work for schooling fish.

The cutteri and parrots could work.

Matt

are you sure? ive researched it a lot and all ive seen has said theyll do good together. could you give me some links to stories where theyve been eatin? not that i dont trust you or anything. what is another large colorful schooling fish that i could add with
2-blood parrots
1-kirin parrot
2-cutteri cichlids
2-senegal bichirs?

dogofwar

CCA Members
No - you've reached the end of your "not heeding sound advice" quota for today.

Maybe check back tomorrow.

Matt

so you wont post links to validate your advice? how is anybody supposed to take your advice then?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Look, buddy. You came on to a forum and asked if your stocking would work. Folks offered their opinion, which obviously isn't what you want to hear. Not many are going to tell you it is okay to keep a small, schooling tetra with a predator like a bicher. If you want to go out and drop $50 on a nice school of congos, go ahead and do it. If they live for many years in harmony with the bichers, you were right and we were wrong. Then you can write a paper to get published and we'll have a link to prove you were right. Otherwise, people are just trying to offer their advice based on the question you asked.

Coming on the forum and demanding that people have evidence for their opinion is poor form. There are some very experienced fish keepers in the club that we all can learn something from.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
are you sure? ive researched it a lot and all ive seen has said theyll do good together. could you give me some links to stories where theyve been eatin?

I lost three adult congos and a few similar sized fish to an 8" ornate bichir. I don't suggest you do the same.

Sent from my DROIDX

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Perhaps large barbs....or silver dollars?

Witht he latter, we're approaching 6' tank territory though.....

verbal

CCA Members
what type of barbs

Most medium sized barbs(4" to 6") should work. They do take a little looking to find, since the most common are the small ones(cherry, tiger and gold) or Tinfoil which get way to big. The Rosy barb Puntius conchonius and Panda barb Puntius fasciatus are a couple of relatively common options.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Filimentosa barbs would also fit the bill once they put some size on them. Tougher to find but pretty cool when adults.