• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New, from Baltimore

Hyp81

Members
I'm new to this forum and group. I'm a Baltimore native and I've been keeping fish for well over 20 years. I have always been interested in unique fish and at one point had over 300 gallons of aquariums. I had to move and broke down most of them and am just now setting up some of my old systems. Cichlids will be a major focus. I currently have several tanks up and running-- including a new 55 that is cycling. I will be moving my African mbuna into it this weekend and am hoping to expand into some other species in the coming months. I am hoping that being active in the CCA may lead me to find local breeders for some of the species I hope to work with. Some friends and I attended the event in Gaithersburg this past weekend and had a great time.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Welcome and glad you could make it to AquaMania!

Be sure to drop by our next meeting (Sat, April 12 at 2:00 PM at JFK HS in Silver Spring: 1901 Randolph Road, Silver Spring, MD 20902)

Matt

I'm new to this forum and group. I'm a Baltimore native and I've been keeping fish for well over 20 years. I have always been interested in unique fish and at one point had over 300 gallons of aquariums. I had to move and broke down most of them and am just now setting up some of my old systems. Cichlids will be a major focus. I currently have several tanks up and running-- including a new 55 that is cycling. I will be moving my African mbuna into it this weekend and am hoping to expand into some other species in the coming months. I am hoping that being active in the CCA may lead me to find local breeders for some of the species I hope to work with. Some friends and I attended the event in Gaithersburg this past weekend and had a great time.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Welcome to the forum, Lauren. Glad you were able to attend the convention and glad you found the forum! Thanks for coming. :)

Ading522

Members
Hello! Welcome to the forum! Come check out the meetings and indulge in our auctions after the speakers.. :) good stuff appear in the auctions..

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Hyp81

Members
Welcome def came to the right place you've got one of my favs going I love mbuna. What do you keep and or plan on keeping other than mbuna?

Well right now I have a 10 gallon mixed community with a betta, some platies and cories, and a couple single betta tanks. I'm moving my Africans into a 55 I just cleaned up and got running. The move will happen this weekend. I am also going to set up a 20 tall for my remaining shell dwelling multis. I think there are two left, so I am going to add about 4 more to the 20T. They used to be part of a breeding colony and I hope they will be again. Those two moves will leave me with an empty 30. I am considering angelfish. My GF really liked the angels at the show, so I'd like to get some. I see people go back and forth on angels in smaller tanks, but I can at least start growing them out in the 30-- a 50 breeder or another 55 may be in the plans down the road and that should be more than adequate for a breeding pair and dithers.

Those are my immediate plans. Beyond that there's a few species I really want to work with. I want to try some different species of shell dwellers like brevis. I'd like to do a Tang community tank someday with leleupi, calvus and juli's of some type. I would like to try my hand at breeding some of the dwarf SA species like rams and apistos. And I'd like to someday have a BIG CA/SA aggressive tank. The big tanks will probably have to wait until I move out of my townhouse. I keep snakes and other reptiles too, so space = premium.

Welcome and glad you could make it to AquaMania!

Be sure to drop by our next meeting (Sat, April 12 at 2:00 PM at JFK HS in Silver Spring: 1901 Randolph Road, Silver Spring, MD 20902)

Matt

I am planning to attend the meeting. I went to a meeting once several years ago where Ad Konings spoke on Malawi cichlids. I enjoyed it quite a lot.

Welcome! Yay - another female member!!!

Yes, we do exist. I actually had two other ladies in tow on Sunday. My GF who is mildly interested in fish (she likes counting baby fish in my 10, and I encourage this) and my good friend who is just starting to be interested in fish.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Sweet I would contact Alex or Doug Alex is selling done beautiful angels for charity. Doug just what can I say has tons of them both great people if you want angels talk to them.
Good plan, keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

kevin911

Members
Hey welcome to the club! You must not heard but one of the requirement for new member is sharing what they keep :) pics plz lol

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rsretep

Members
Welcome to the CCA you will find everything you are looking for in our group, great knowledable hobbyist.

Hyp81

Members
Here are a few pics.

My 10G is a community tank. 1 betta, 3 platies & their fry, and 4 Corydoras panda.

P3020019_zpsa6f831b5.jpg

My 55 is newly set up. It'll be all Malawi's. Currently 3xL. caeruleus, 4xPs. acei, and 1 Aulanocara jacobfreibergi.

P3070027_zps5941ca3c.jpg

My 20G, also newly set up. Shellies- N. multifaciatus. I need more shells. Trying to find an online source to order from as the one I originally used is no longer available.

P3090028_zps3669af6c.jpg

And my 30G. Had the 30G set up for about three years now. Used it to grow out my mbuna. Now it has what I hope will be a pair of convicts (male is confirmed but lost his first mate and ate their first spawn), some Serpae tetras as dithers, and an albino bristlenose.

P3090029_zpsebd31ec4.jpg

Lastly... two small betta tanks with pretty bettas! First is a dragon scale who's pics don't do him justice. I call him "Glimmer." Second is my smallest tank housing an oddly colored betta. Blue fins with a yellowish body. I call him "Colonel Mustard." The Colonel builds extremely fine bubblenests. He's the only one of my three bettas who does so.

P3020024_zpsa860de90.jpg

P3020020_zps61dbd191.jpg