• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Moving company for large aquarium

I'm in the process of possibly buying a 265 gallon tank thats located in the Woodbridge, Va area. Anyone know of a realiable relative inexpensive moving company that I could possilbe use to move tank, stand and associated items to the Waldorf, Md area? Thanks in advance.

olzkool

Members
I have a listing up on there now for those tanks I got from the estate auction. I was going to go get them with my box truck but if I can get it cheap enough it will save me a trip. They have to be picked up on the 21st or 22nd. If you want I could get who ever wins to give me a price to add you to the route. It probably won't be much since they are already on the way. Most of them have 25 foot trailers so they would have extra space and love to add something to the load. JUst pm me if you want me to try to combine it with my load.
Chris

spazmattik

Members
Reliable and inexpensive? How about terrell, jon, drew and the two of us? Oh wait.. we had this conversation lol

Harleyrider5

Members
Yeah just the two of us moving that 180 was interesting enough. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Raven20

Members
Terrell, a friend and I went to Philly to pick up a 265 gallon I bought on Sunday....when we pulled up he had the tank still on the stand...he said "were not taking the tank off the stand" I thought he was crazy...he starts rolling the tank and the stand out of his garage towards the truck...he had wooden dowels that you get at home depot under the stand...took it right to the back of the truck...we slide it off the stand and right into the truck...I was so glad we didn't have to carry that beast...It's sitting on the dowels in my dining room at the moment..

Thai

Members
Two people moved my 265 when I bought it, and carried it up 7 steps and into my truck, granted one was 6'6" and the other looked like the Incredible Hulk...when I recently moved it to my new place it took 6 people....

image.jpg

Thai

Members
If you need I have some industrial suction cups you can borrow. That's how my 630 was lifted off the floor and then on to a piano dolly

image.jpg

Raven20

Members
It took 4 of us Sunday night just to slide it off the truck and in my front door onto the dowels and then we rolled it into the dining room...glad I don't do that for a living...