• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS 400 GALLON AQUARIUM

Hicgup

Members
FS (Gauging interest) 400 Gallon Fiberglass Aquarium with glass front-anybody getting a tax refund this year interested in a big tank?
Overall dimensions are 106-1/4" long, 33-1/4" wide, 41-1/4" high. (Inside dimensions are a little smaller)
Drilled for closed loop, 2" bulkheads (currently capped) four in the back, two in the bottom, two smaller bulkheads on right side. Built in overflow on left side-( I just took this apart on the outside of the tank-can be re-worked-or closed depending on your wants and needs).
Front is 3/4" glass, no big or noticeable scratches, and the viewing window is 90-1/4" long by 28-1/4" tall.
This custom built tank is solid, not an inexpensive plywood coated thin wimp.
Inside is EPA approved non toxic black epoxy paint designed for aquaculture use for fish for human consumption.
Currently has water in it, but I have been re-doing my fish room for a while and I am entertaining the idea of letting this tank go to make more room.
I don't need to sell this tank-not even sure I want to sell, but will sacrifice for the right price. I had to cut a hole in my fish room wall to get it in there, and will need to cut the same hole to get it out, so I'm not going to entertain low ball offers, please don't waste my time. This has been an awesome tank for me, and will be again, or for someone else at the right price.
Would make a fantastic in wall show tank, or a monster reef or fish tank for fish room or garage. If you put this in your house it is your responsibility to ensure your floor can handle the 3,000+ pounds of water, plus the weight of the tank, stand, etc. Will include if you want it my custom stand (20" tall) (another few hundred pounds).
What will it take to make this your dream tank? Cash, a rental truck, and a few strong friends to help you move it. If I have time I will try take a picture or two to post or email to serious interested parties. I am pretty sure forum rules dictate I post a price, so it is $1,600 or best offer. Since I have taken the time to post this, I will also be posting it on Monster Fish keepers, Richmond Reef, WAMAS and one or two other forums. If no takers I may post on Craigslist for two grand obo. If anybody thinks this is an unreasonable price they are entitled to their opinion, and I'm entitled to continue to enjoy my beautiful 400 gallon aquarium knowing it is worth every penny,
and not many tanks are available at this size, at this price.
If no takers, maybe I will make this the mbuna tank of my dreams!
I will entertain SERIOUS, REASONABLE offers, but not interested in trades of any kind. Tank is located in Hampton, Va. for viewing by appointment and/or pickup. email addy: surick AT vt.edu

Hicgup

Members
Will try to take pics tonight. Best way to get pics fast is to email me requesting pics so I can email them as attachments in reply. You can also pm me your email addy, but may not get it as quickly. Posting pics to threads is something I may not be able to do quickly due to re-sizing if needed, plus I posted this on multiple forums.

Thai

Members
The outside demension a total 630 gallons, if this tank is 400 gallons total volume the inside demensions must be a lot smaller. If this tank were wider than it is tall it would be a good tank but at 1600 you can get a custom glass tank made that's 400 gallons if not more.

Thai

Members
Hey that carpet area under where the 180 was...isn't it dingy and grimy? Was that from me too lolol

Hicgup

Members
The outside demension a total 630 gallons, if this tank is 400 gallons total volume the inside demensions must be a lot smaller. If this tank were wider than it is tall it would be a good tank but at 1600 you can get a custom glass tank made that's 400 gallons if not more.
Exact inside dimensions are 100.5" L X 26.5" W X 41" High.
According to my quick math that comes out to 473.925 gallons,
but I never ran the tank filled to the brim. Using the built in overflow the total water depth is more like 36" (which because of the trim around the glass if you do run the tank at a full 41" you will be looking up at the surface of the water-could be a cool perspective-but that is up to the individual with the tank.
So at inside dimensions of 100.5" L X 26.5" W X 36" water depth my quick math gets me to 416.10 gallons.
Just want to be clear on the size, this is a big tank. If you don't have the dough or a house big enough for it, don't bother negotiating.
On a 20" high stand this tank is OVER five feet tall.