• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wtb aquarium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stucks

Members
I might have to order one was trying to get a used one. I might just make one

Yeah I have been looking for an 8 footer for a while now. few and far between. Best bet is to order one, and if you are going to do that, you might want to look into getting an acrylic tank, as it would make it easier to move. I've decided I would settle for a 7 footer or 8 footer, but leaning towards acrylic based on the point I just made about weight.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Building a wooden one is the best option imo.

Heard too many horror stories of 2nd-hand used monster tanks that blow seals. Not knowing their history and having them moved makes me nervous.

slr

Members
Saltwater is the plan. I'm just getting back into freshwater. But a nice planted tank would be nice

slr

Members
I was thing of getting a used tank and using wood for the sides and bottom to make it the dimensions I want. 300 gallons are available from time to time so I would make it 36 inches wide

verbal

CCA Members
Saltwater is the plan. I'm just getting back into freshwater. But a nice planted tank would be nice

If you are going the planted route. Any reason not to do two 4 footers right next to each other?

slr

Members
Delrayglass quoted me 550 for 96-36 1/2 thick 1000 for 3/4 thick and double for low iron 1/2

slr

Members
It's going in the wall. I need 8 - 10 to fill up the wall. But I'm 99% sure it will be saltwater just more action and colors

Thai

Members
Would you take an acrylic 7x4x3? If so I may be able to help you. It's reasonably priced at 2k

Status
Not open for further replies.