• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New Fishroom - The move has begun

chriscoli

Administrator
I was able to bring a few tanks-worth of fish over to the new fishroom. More will be moved tonight.

We had several other minor electrical repairs to make in the house, so while they were there, we've asked them to add a few ceiling outlets for me in the fishroom. Work on that started yesterday and all will be on on their own GFI circuit.

We also have to add a short wall with a door to separate the tiled area from the rest of the carpeted downstairs and enclose the fishroom. Work on that starts tomorrow.

Here you can see the bins of fish I brought over so far as well as the stock tank that Becca has loaned me.

I'll post more later!

IMG_20141103_224251_257.jpg

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
You need to buy more tanks. I see a lot of empty space. Lots of big tanks. I am sure you are having fun.

chriscoli

Administrator
Yes, I'll need more tanks!

This room has a surprising lack of wall space, though, so I'll be rebuilding racks to fit in the middle of the room.

Becca

Members
Yes, I'll need more tanks!

This room has a surprising lack of wall space, though, so I'll be rebuilding racks to fit in the middle of the room.

Not if you remove the closet doors and line the closets with... MORE TANKS!!!

You know I have some baby Guianacaras waiting for you, right??? Make sure you have room for those ;).

chriscoli

Administrator
well, two issues there:

1. I need the storage in the closets for the fish accessories and accoutrements.
2. two sets of the doors are for the HVAC.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
You need that 500 gallon tank from that CL thread! it comes with a 6' sump... fo' free!

chriscoli

Administrator
Oh, trust me....I looked at it. and then thought to myself....you're MOVING. DO NOT ACQUIRE MORE STUFF RIGHT NOW, CHRIS!

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I can only imagine how much breeding will be happening when you get more space. Looks like an awesome room, and you've done some great planning. Looking forward to seeing everything sunday. Whats the distance between old place and new place?

Reed

Very Fishe
Just keep us posted on the fish room build progress., are you going to do a central sump system?

chriscoli

Administrator
Today's move was very successful. A huge THANK YOU to Jon, Tony, Andrew and Mike for helping me today.

My largest tank is a 100 that sits on the bottom shelf of a 6' rack.....it was hard to get in when I first got it.....it was even harder to get out today, I think.

image.jpg

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I'm happy to have been able to help out. Wish I could have stayed longer. Can't wait to see the New fishroom!

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Glad everything went smoothly! I think we all went home tired, but no injuries, and no broken tanks, so it was a successful move.