• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

RIP TO MY STUD RUBY RED!

madcobra216

Members
Yesterday (3-17-14) after a regular evening feeding, he started swimming sporadically, darting dangerously all over the tank, seconds later he hit his head on the Glass Top & sunk to the bottom. I quickly took him out & put him in my hospital tank. This morning he appeared to be doing ok, but I guess the violent collision into the glass was too much.
Once again I have no idea why a perfectly, healthy fish would suddenly spazz out like that.
Pic below was submitted into this month's photo contest.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1395186597202.jpg

That is perplexing. Was someone beating on him? He looks a little tattered in the photo. If someone has rammed him, he could have internal injuries that got the best of him.

madcobra216

Members
Thanks Will for providing me with a nice young replacement, hopefully he will grow up to be another stunner

madcobra216

Members
@ Holly, he had no bruises, he was 1 of the Alpha in the Tank, I have no idea what was the actual cause.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
No prob it was nice to meet you again lol! hope he does I've got a few fry so I'm happy to let them grow out.
I've had a few fish spook and knocked them selves out but usually recover. But if they are big enough I think the can do a lot if damage to themselves.
Hasn't happened in a while since I rearranged the tank with more hiding spots.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Becca

Members
I had a B. potati crack his head open ramming a tank. It sucks and is so senseless. I'm sorry for your loss.

madcobra216

Members
Senseless is right Becca, I just wish I knew What they were thinking...