• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

African Featherfin with Pleco????

Hello Everyone Im in the process of setting up a 75 gallon african cichlid aquarium and I was wondering If I could put my African featherfin catfish from my other tank in with the pleco im buying for my new aquarium.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Is your featherfin a Synodontis eupterus? I have bristlenose plecos in with my syno eupterus without any problems and they've been together for years. You should probably avoid the common plecos because of their size, but bristlenose and possibly clown plecos would fit and not grow too large. If you want to use any other types of plecos be sure to research that they can tolerate the high pH and hardness of an African cichlid tank.

longstocking

Members
actually, the featherfin catfish comes from the rivers in Africa that have a lower ph...
5.5 to 7.5 ph

So they should be fine together.

Jumbie

Members
I have my featherfin cat in with some L199 and they do just fine. FYI I keep the PH in that tank about 5.7 - 6.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org