• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

I'm ordering Foam Filters...Anyone want to join me?

dogofwar

CCA Members
I'm planning to order a bunch of foam filters for my fishroom...the kind that you wedge in the tank and run water through... and wanted to see if others want in on the fun.

I received a quote from an industrial supplier of Foam last year and confirmed that they still have 24"x24"x2" 10 PPI blue pieces in stock at the (very reasonable) price that they quoted me.

They sent me a sample piece (which I tested with some baby goodeids) and this appears to be the same thing as the stuff available elsewhere (except that it is 10 ppi (a little courser) vs. the 15 ppi or 40 ppi stuff.

Shipping cost will depend on how much we order.

I'm planning to order in the next two weeks (by March 25), so please PM me if you're interested in getting some (how many 24"x24"x2" sheets) and for a price quote. I ask that folks not share the price that I've been quoted.

Thanks,
Matt

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I'll take two sheets as well... maybe three. Still trying to decide.

Thanks for doing this, Matt.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I maybe in for two sheets. But my Police week badge come comes first. I let you know by the 23rd.

mrkillie

Members
this appears to be the same thing as the stuff available elsewhere (except that it is 10 ppi (a little courser) vs. the 15 ppi or 40 ppi stuff.

Unfortunately you really won't know for a couple years when it starts to break down (or not if it is the right stuff). But if the price is right...hmmm.

dogofwar

CCA Members
It has the same name as the stuff that is sold in the fish tank market...which I won't use here...
;)
Matt

Unfortunately you really won't know for a couple years when it starts to break down (or not if it is the right stuff). But if the price is right...hmmm.

mrkillie

Members
It has the same name as the stuff that is sold in the fish tank market...which I won't use here...
;)
Matt

Interesting, 'cause I've been told it is only made by one manufacturer. Perhaps only 1 manufacturer makes it in the smaller pore sizes?

dogofwar

CCA Members
Order's going in this Friday (3/25).

Please let me know - preferably posting here - if you want in...

Here's what I've got so far:

Charlie - 4
Caleb - 2
Verbal - 1
Tony - 3
Prince - 2
Matt - 12

Please Paypal me (mtquinn2006 AT yahoo DOT com) as a gift the correct amount for your order... If I don't receive your payment by Friday at noon, you won't be in on the order...

Thanks,
Matt

Charlutz

Members
Hey Matt -

Any chance they can do 26x26 sheets? I am planning on mostly 15 and 20g tanks and just realized that when I cut the 24x24 I'll have quite a bit of waste.

verbal

CCA Members
Hey Matt -

Any chance they can do 26x26 sheets? I am planning on mostly 15 and 20g tanks and just realized that when I cut the 24x24 I'll have quite a bit of waste.

It is true that being able to get 4 13x13 sheets would be ideal.

However with a 24x24 sheet, you can get 2 - 12x13, 1 - 11x13, 1-11x11 sheet, so you could outfit 3 15s and a 10.