• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

January Meeting Of The Cca

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Making Your Own Fish Food
[/b]Kurt has been a member of the Aquarium Club of Lancaster County since May 2005 and is currently the Public Relations Chair, BAP chair and Swap Meet Chair as well as a member of the Capital Cichlid Association and the American Livebearers Association. "Through the last 40 years years I always had at least one aquarium that were set up for show but due to several moves never really got involved in a big way until moving to York County 6 years ago. After meeting my wife, her father introduced me to a 29 gallon tank that he was not using and the addiction started. Shortly thereafter I went to a meeting of the Aquarium Club of Lancaster County and started learning from the many members who were breeding many different species of fish. My first fish for breeding was a trio of Zoogoneticus tequila that I bought from Rit Forcier when he came to Lancaster on a speaking engagement. Goodeids and other unusual livebearers are still my favorites but I have also had several African Cichlids from Malawi, Tanganyika and Victoria as well as some Peacock Gudgeons (Tateurndina ocellicauda) and Bristle nose catfish. Because of my varied interest in different species of fish and, the cost of quality foods, I decided to explore the possibility of making a food that would meet the nutritional needs of many different species whether they be herbivores, omnivores or carnivores. Over the past 2 years I did a lot of research into the different ingredients that others used and checked into what different "difficult" or "special needs" fish needed. What I came up with is a food that is fairly easy to make, inexpensive, and nutritionally complete to serve as my main but not only food. I will explain the whys and hows of this ongoing project during this presentation."
</span>

kaj41354

Members
I love this club...all you have to do is mention food (fish or human) and everyone jumps on the bandwagon!

Sonny Disposition

If I bring paprika, I'll have the people food and the fish food covered.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (marge618 @ Dec 18 2008, 02:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (marge618 @ Dec 16 2008, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cut celery, cut brocolli, radishes, maybe some green peppers ???[/b]
That's what I want to eat at the meeting while Kurt shows us how to make fish food :happy0007:
[/b][/quote]

horacio08

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sonny Disposition @ Dec 18 2008, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If I bring paprika, I'll have the people food and the fish food covered.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (marge618 @ Dec 18 2008, 02:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (marge618 @ Dec 16 2008, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cut celery, cut brocolli, radishes, maybe some green peppers ???[/b]
That's what I want to eat at the meeting while Kurt shows us how to make fish food :happy0007:
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

not sure of where to ask, but is there anywhere I can request particular fish be brought to the auction?

dogofwar

CCA Members
[not sure of where to ask, but is there anywhere I can request particular fish be brought to the auction?
[/quote]

Sure - for what are you looking?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Yup, on here is fine.
I usually start another thread with what people are thinking about bringing but has not gotten much use.
And I forgot.

All shucks! I'm sorry I am going to miss this meeting.

You ask why....

#1 Kurt is going to tell us how to feed our pets with the best culinary ingredients for their belly.

#2 I'm going to miss the wings. (I could have probably schmoozed a few extra Chesapeake wings from others...because it's my b-day).

#3 What else is better to do in January than be with your fellow cichlid addicts.

See ya all in February

happy.gif

kaj41354

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phishphorphun @ Dec 31 2008, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
All shucks! I'm sorry I am going to miss this meeting.

See ya all in February

happy.gif
[/b]

Damn Bobby - I finally do something worthy of an appearance at CCA and you're gonna miss the chance to heckle me! Well, I hope you have a happy birthday...And I coulda jumped out of a cake for you... :rolleyes:

horacio08

Members
Any of the following species of Tropheus;

Duboisi Maswa (Only have two now) :eek:
Ikola Kaiser
Red Namansi
Ilangi
Lupota

also;

Cypochromis
Brichardi
a Shell Dweller Species
Spathodus

I'd really prefer younger fish as the vast majority of mine are growing.

Plants;
Java Fern
Vals

Other goods;
Mesh Breeder nets
Some type of sponge to cover filter intakes
Lace Rock or Deceased Corals

To sell/trade;
11 Malawi Cichlids (5 of them yellow labs)