• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Early Efforts

WendyFish

Members
Wanted to share some first pictures. I rationalized a new camera given that my point and shoot is like 8 years old with half as many mp as my phone. :p

Feel free to critique, and thanks for looking!

Demasoni_FishPics03272011195_v2.jpg

I liked the picture below for the peering (a popular demasoni pose it seems) but fish comes out a little dark. Maybe as I learn more PP there's something I can do here?
DemasoniPeering_FishPics03272011189_v2.jpg

MCatMale_FishPics03272011143_v2.jpg

MCats_FishPics03272011100_v2.jpg

RedZebraFishPics03272011073_v2.jpg

I liked this trio shot, but the male has a bit of blur. Is there something I can do about that PP-wise?
RedZebras_FishPics03272011126_v2.jpg

WendyFish

Members
Yes, it will shoot RAW and that's what I'll try next. I started in Auto, these shots are from when I changed over to manual but wasn't 100% sure what I would need to do with a RAW image on the back end. Looking forward to playing with it more.

WendyFish

Members
It's a Canon T2i.

I'm not using Photoshop (yet) -- for this I used GIMP (www.gimp.org) to dip my toe into the basic functionality at the right price. Basically all I did at this point was to crop them into a better sized frame. I will need to really, really roll up my sleeves in order to feel more confident in color, sharpness, etc. type PP modifications, as I have found that such things are not necessarily intuitive to me. What other modifications would you make to these so I can try to start developing an eye?

I figure I will eventually go the Photoshop route, though -- for many reasons. I used the 30day CS5 demo to edit the people out of my vacation pictures last year and I looooooved it. But the cost is a pill I probably will not swallow till I need to edit out more tourists. ;)

WendyFish

Members
Oh, and with the kit lens, for this moment and built in flash. Probably play with that awhile and get back to the researching before I start adding lenses and remote flashes.