• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

June Meeting Of The Capital Cichlid Association

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
. He has attended every ACA convention since 1996. He believes that attending conventions (including the Northeast Council, the All-Aquarium Catfish Convention, and the GCCA Cichlid Classic in Chicago ) is one of the best means of finding friends, information, and rare species of fish. He once kept a saltwater tank for about a year, but has promised not to do it again.

</span>

DeeCee

Members
June 14th.................hmmmm

WOOO HOOO! I think I have that day off work!!!
And if not, I might need a bit of help to tie up the boss and claim I've been kidnapped for the meeting.

errrrr......fishnapped ??? :wacko: :unsure:

DeeCee

animicrazy

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DeeCee @ May 13 2008, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
June 14th.................hmmmm

WOOO HOOO! I think I have that day off work!!!
And if not, I might need a bit of help to tie up the boss and claim I've been kidnapped for the meeting.

errrrr......fishnapped ??? :wacko: :unsure:

DeeCee[/b]

Donna, cash is tight so I'm running a "special" on finger breaking - but, then, maybe, just so you can finally attend a meeting, I could make it 'on the house'.

TMS

DeeCee

Members
Ooops, thanks for the offer Paul, but it's a non-issue now!
There's a family emergency and I'm going to move back to Wisconsin at the end of this month. Sorry I won't be able to make the talk!
DC

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DeeCee @ May 20 2008, 06:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ooops, thanks for the offer Paul, but it's a non-issue now!
There's a family emergency and I'm going to move back to Wisconsin at the end of this month. Sorry I won't be able to make the talk!
DC[/b]

Sorry to hear about that Donna. I hope everything works out, stay in touch with us, will ya.

SubMariner

animicrazy

Members
Ditto: Hope all works out well.

Maybe Richard and I can bring you back as the "Guest Speaker (Very Special Person)" for the BBQ in July!!

TTL - TMS

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Just got word that our speaker this month will also be sending a few fish for the auction. Did not say what types but hey..... New blood for the auction. lol

See you there.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Between the speaker, the refreshments, the raffle, and the mini-auction it should be a good time. The only thing missing is you.
Remember this is the last chance for your cichlid fix until September.
[/i]

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Hmm, just got the word that 2 guys from one of the NJ clubs are coming down just because of who our speaker is. Long ways with todays fuel prices.
Guess I need to buy a few more wings. lol

longstocking

Members
Remember if you bring fish that you have bred in for the auction you can get points for BAP !!!!

I will have extra forms with me if anyone forgets :)

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay, Everyone has a new job.

From now on, everyone has to remind me never to fly a speaker in on Friday the 13th........................... :FIREdevil:

More later.

Yes he is here.

mscichlid

Founder
Great meeting everyone! It was a fun time for those who missed it. Bob Bock volunteered to auction! I think others should give it a try, too. Maybe I'll volunteer in September. Daphnia will start at $10 per bag! LOL!

I met a few new people and a few that I only knew by their user name. We also got a couple of new members to boot.

Edie's talk was a was a very good introduction to the lake fish. I especially liked how he grouped the fish into their habitats and breeding habits. For someone like myself who doesn't keep these species, I found it to be informative. I especially liked the tips for marking his electrical plugs and how he devised a method for retriving fry from the shellies. Now this is a man who knows his fish!

The other fabulous treat was that Steve offered ACA memberships to be rafflled off! Simply ingenious! You lucky people!

Francine

maddog10

Members
Great meeting! Lots of stuff in the auction!

I learn something new at every meeting.
Thanks Steve, GREAT presentation!

kaj41354

Members
Sorry I missed the meeting folks. I hope to see everybody at the events this summer. The wife and I are looking into buying a home so that came first this weekend.