• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Monster fish season 3

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I got this from Zeb the last night!

Please help spread the word!!

Thanks,
[COLOR= ]Zeb

[/COLOR]NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL’S “MONSTER FISH†SEASON 3

Monster Fish: Predators of the Outback; Friday, July 8, 2011, at 10 PM ET/PT

Each year in the Australian outback, the dry season leaves five top predators- giant stingrays, sawfish, bull sharks, and freshwater and saltwater crocodiles- stranded in waterholes with limited food supplies. Zeb sets out to find out how each of the giants has adapted to the environment and which one is the ultimate king of the pool. With the help of local experts, Zeb gets up close with a bull shark's sharp teeth, wades through knee-deep water in the dark of night searching for a stingray and wrangles a so-called man-eater croc.

Monster Fish: Giant Eels; Friday, July 15, 2011, at 10 p.m. EDT/PDT
The giant eel is a massive, flesh-eating, wall-climbing, air-absorbing, snakelike fish that can attack like a crocodile and live upwards of 100 years. So, of course, Zeb goes in search of two of the largest species, one in [COLOR= ]New Zealand
, the longfin eel, and the other in the Solomon Islands, the elusive giant mottled eel. [/COLOR]

Monster Fish: Australian River King; Friday, July 22, 2011, at 10 p.m. EDT/PDT
The Murray cod can grow up to 6 feet long and weigh more than 250 pounds, and is rumored to eat everything from birds to snakes to possums — even its own kind. But humans have been encroaching on the cod’s river system and now these enormous fish are rarely seen in the wild.

Monster Fish: Russian Giants; Friday, July 29, 2011, at 10 p.m. EDT/PDT
Hogan travels to one of the world’s most wild and remote locations: Kamchatka, in Russia's Far East, a place home to a mass migration of millions of salmon. It’s this isolation that created one of the world’s last, truly wild salmon sanctuaries with an incredible 14,000 of the most remote and pristine rivers on Earth. He seeks the help of a team of world-class kayakers and tackles white water rapids, bears, volcanoes and poachers to find out why this land is home to so many salmon.

Monster Fish: India’s River Devil; Friday, August 5, 2011, at 10 p.m. EDT/PDT
Hogan is on a mission in the Indian Himalayas to investigate disturbing reports of a mammoth-sized catfish called a Goonch – accused of stalking, attacking and killing people. He enlists the help of local guide and conservationist Vinay Badola to investigate the crime scenes along the Kali River. He then travels to the Ramganga River, the perfect place to spot and catch a Goonch, to study its behavior and determine whether these stories are fact or fiction.

Monster Fish: American Behemoth; Friday, August 12, 2011, at 10 PM ET/PT

Monster Fish: Jumping Giants of Laos; Friday, August 19, 2011, at 10 PM ET/PT

verbal

CCA Members
is this like river monsters? Jeremy Wade already did India's goonch catfish and caught a world record while he was at it...

It has some similarities in that their is a lot of fishing and monster fish. However it is not as focused on fishing(more underwater videos and background) or attacks.

I saw the re-run before it and most of the episode last night. It was pretty interesting. I knew that Bull Sharks were found in freshwater, but I didn't know that the young generally live in freshwater and return to the ocean as they get closer to adulthood.

Andrew

Members
Zeb isn't quite as impressed with himself as Jeremy... I love the footage from both but if I had the choice of which to raise a glass with it'd definitely be Zeb. And will be!

dogofwar

CCA Members
Jeremy Wade kinda creeps me out...

Although I watch both shows :rolleyes:

Matt

Zeb isn't quite as impressed with himself as Jeremy... I love the footage from both but if I had the choice of which to raise a glass with it'd definitely be Zeb. And will be!

F8LBITE

Members
I think Zeb is more of an enviromentalist and truly loves these monster fish. I love both shows though

Leffler817

CCA Members
I saw his show once before the convention but only parts of it. I liked what I saw of his show.

I got to pick Zeb up at BWI and talk with him during the ride to the ACA. He was very genuine and friendly and spoke to me several times over the next four days. After getting to know him a bit over that time, I'll watch his show and support his cause every chance I get. He is such a cool guy. His talk closing ACA was the prefect culmination of the convention.