• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hello from Northern NJ-part 1

Hi everyone.
Just joined 2 days ago. I'm a member of ECC, CCA, NEC, and TAS. Also just rejioned the ACA(I was a member from BB#3, it may have been #5 up to the late 90's when I had to leave fish keeping for almost 10 years). I also plan on rejoining my local club, NJAS. Also plan on volunteering to participate in the C.A.R.E.S. program. I currently have 42 tanks running with 18 or so more empty.I primarily keep/breed Angelfish, 2 strains of guppies, some german blue rams, BN plecos, and for those who wish to start a funky business the Spa fish(garra rufas). In addition back to my early African days a grow out colony of 7-bar frontosa.
A very brief history(part 1) of a very long story. Starting keeping fish in the early 60's as a young child, had a 10gl tank with guppies(a great half black strain from the late Frank Alger). some cories, zebra danios, a few cardinals. Well the danios and guppies(of course) breed and we are off to the races! First another 10gl underneath for the danios, then a 20H and 15 below set-up, next a couple 5's for the holding female guppies. This is all in my bedroom. Also my late Dad was a friend of Herb Axelrod of TFH/Metaframe fame, so now the barn door is wide open. Got up to 15 tanks pretty quickly. Started getting into cichlids, Jack Dempseys(Jack and Jaqueline of course), Tiger oscars which were new then, some Pink congos, Egyptian and Mozambic mouth breeders(as they then were called), Green Terrors and and C. festivums. Then the Africans started, first got J.ornatus(outrageous yellow on them), J. reganni and some P.(now M.) auratus, P. zebras and some L.fuellborni and also some OB trevassae.
end part 1(stay tuned for part 2, which includes putting a 5000gl Coleco swimming pool in my basement with my new wife ready to have me put in the loonie bin)

Thanks for reading.

gary