• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

200 Gallon Aquarium System Great Condition!

fire eel

Members
Hello Folks:

I am trying to find a new home for my 200 gallon setup. Been in the hobby since 1990. When I broke down this, the last tank, I had to find homes for several fish including two Rafael catfish I had in my care since 1990!!
00202_ftqu8fhYDej_600x450.jpg

Asking 1500 but would part with it for 1100.00

I am in Howard county MD.

Here is CL post (its on ebay as well). More pictures here..

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/for/4602354948.html

200 Gallon Oceanic glass tank
Medium Oak Finish Stand
Three HOT (hang on tank) filters (Aquaclear 500s)
Two Ehiem canister filters
Two large power heads, many smaller power heads
Two heaters, two air pumps
AUTOMATIC WATER CHANGER
Two LED day/night strip lights (with timers)
River pebble gravel
'Axelrods Fish Atlas', 'How To Maintain a Successful Aquarium' pamphlet
Tank decorations (including lava and other rocks, etc.)
Spare parts for filters and power heads (impellers, impeller shafts, foam filters, filter bags, filter medium, Genesis water conditioner, and 'much, much more'..

Will fill to show no leaks if seriously interested.

Awesome aquarium system, will make a beautiful addition to any home/apartment.
Easy maintenance thanks to AUTOMATIC WATER CHANGER system I have used for years. Have kept same fish since 1990 (24 years!!).

NO cashier's checks and/or wire transfers..

CASH or PAYPAL only..

My #:410 913 0663 (call or text OK)
Email: beepbeep71@aol.com

Thanks for viewing,

Mike

Last edited:

JLW

CCA Members
You can buy the tank and cabinet brand new for about $2000, although different brand (Oceanic has been gone for about 10 years). Tank is at least from 1990, meaning it's 25 years old. Even with all that stuff, I can't see paying $1500 for something that's 25 years old, and has a new-replacement value of less than twice that. :-/

clearsky5

CCA Members
Yeah fire eel....
.50/gallon is pretty much going rate for a "used" tank (and by used i mean one that is less than a couple years old..
you may do better on CL good luck...

if and when you decide to part it out, please let me know...

TMSB805

Members
If you're not interested why not keep it moving? Petco has caused so many people to get the resale game twisted! Ha!

Acpape0

Members
IMO $1-2 per gallon on anything above 100 for glass tanks
Acrylic is worth more ...
The sad reality is that fish tanks depreciate greatly and will always be worth more to the seller. You are free to ask what ever you want for your tank..(we have a thread about it lol), but asking a price and selling it for that price are two different things. If you don't believe me, email some of the older tank postings on Craigslist and you will see they are all still for sale.
GLWS

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Thai

Members
Current exchange rate is about .63 clams per USD so, yeah 800 clams for 510 USD sounds about right haha

judtaaron

Members
all that's too bad sux when you have to sacrifice a great system for so little . your buyer got a great deal and in a way you are passing on the love of big tanks to some one new who hopefully loves it and knows what a awesome deal they got from you.

take care