• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS/T: Female blue badis

Becca

Members
I have a female Blue Badis (Badis badis) who drove her male to jump.

If you like cichlids, you'll probably like these. They don't get very big, but have lots of attitude.

If you like Badis, you know that females can be tough to find. She's about 1.5" right now and looking for love.

If anyone is interested in her, let me know. $5 or will trade for a small (2.5-5.5 gallon) tank.

Becca

Members
Are they good with South American quality water? She seems like fun. Have a pic?

They are. I don't have a pic and I won't be able to get one where she currently is. She's in my "fish room" which is a little dark and dreary. She goes from brown to bluish with stripes or no stripes and changes color pretty rapidly. She's so bold that I actually "pet" her the other day while I was gathering snails for my puffers. She's really inquisitive.

They do fine in S. American type water. Smaller tanks are best - 30 gallons and smaller - just because they eat kind of slow. She eats flake, live, frozen, pretty much everything. They like to stare at their food a few seconds before they eat it, so in bigger tanks they usually lose it to something faster. I have her in with N. aureocephalus and some baby plecos I'm growing out.

Doesn't look that much different than the female in the picture here: http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/badis-badis/ (the smaller one, on the right).