• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Getting back into Fish!

Freakgecko

Members
Hey everyone, I'm Kyle. I moved to the DMV last year in May from Michigan, and I'm just starting to get my tanks back up and running. Excited to finally find a good local club again! My current tank setups are

5' 120 gallon:
6 uaru amphiacanthoides
24 lemon tetra
13 sterbai cory
1 Vampire pleco

20 Gallon long:
8 neolamprologus multifasciatus
1 spathodus erythrodon 'burundi'
5 lophiobagrus cyclurus
1 synodontis petricola
1 ancisturs sp.

10 gallon:
2 neolamprologus ocellatus 'purple'
1 neolamprologus brichardi (he's deformed, poor guy)

6.6 gallon:
1 half moon betta
6 emerald eye rasbora
3 pygmy cories

I'm in the works for a 29 gallon setup too for some Altolamprologus compressiceps "sumbu white dwarf" that I'm working on getting from a friend

I also have a 75 gallon tank for my bearded dragon, a 20 long with about 8 baby dragons (all for sale, pm me if you're interested!), another 20 long with a medical foster bearded dragon, and a rubbermaid 'tank' for a medical foster ball python

spazmattik

Members
Welcome! Some excellent decision making going on over there by jumping back in and joining the forum ;) looks like you have some cool fish too. I'd love to have some uaru one day.

Rasta Fish

Members
Welcome!
You are right in the heart of our club meeting
I wonder how many more tanks you will have by the end of the summer

Freakgecko

Members
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

i have a habit of keeping only Tangs or South American peaceful lol

I'll get some pics up of the uaru in the new world section soon, they're still young, but little pigs!

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Welcome to the forum, Kyle. Drop in on the next meeting. It's at Kennedy HS in Silver Spring... likely not all that far from you.

Becca

Members
Welcome... I used to breed beardies and foster messed-up reptiles, too. It's awful what can happen to them when people don't understand their basic nutritional and lighting requirements.

Freakgecko

Members
Welcome... I used to breed beardies and foster messed-up reptiles, too. It's awful what can happen to them when people don't understand their basic nutritional and lighting requirements.

I'm an animal control officer for DC, and have a habit of fostering/adopting the reptiles that come in as I'm the one with the most knowledge on them. My adult beardie was found on a playground in a shoebox. My female who just recently passed was found in another shoe box next to his. She had MBD earlier in life and had kidney issues as a result. My gf is a vet and performed a necropsy to find that she died of renal failure unfortunately.

My medical foster beardie has severe deformities from MBD, poor nutrition, and stunting. He's a year old and less that a foot long. Whenever I get on my laptop I'll post a pic.

My ball python will be going up for adoption soon hopefully. Someone no longer wanted it and threw it out in the snow. My sergeant took the call and asked me to take a look at it. It was barely breathing, but now it's doing much better. Gonna attempt to start feeding today hopefully, have only had it a week or so and it was extremely dehydrated, so I was nervous to put the stress of feeding on it until it had its fluids back up

Sorry for the novel :p

FishEggs

It's worse when people just disregard the value of life in any shape or form. :angry3: