• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

ECC Pennsylvania Road Trip!

fischfan13

Banned
Mark this date down:
Saturday, February 20th 2010
It's EastCoastCichlids February Road Trip to Pennsylvania!!!

Here is the itinerary...

thatfishplace.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

fischfan13

Banned
what are the time frames for each place bill?

The start time has not been determined.
Last year everyone met at TFP in the morning ( I was one of the first @ 9am). We stayed until the last person bought their items/fish ( I think that was around 11am) and then we had a convoy over to Julie's. The crowd at Julie's broke up in bits and pieces and headed out to Anubias Design. After Mark's (AnubiasDesign) the last few of us then convoyed over to Hidden Reef. After Hidden Reef we all drove to Dunkin Donuts.

I just checked out the Pa Road Trip thread from last year on ECC. I woke up at 5am and got home at 11:30pm. To this day that was one of my favorite fish days ever.

mrkillie

Members
The start time has not been determined.
Last year everyone met at TFP in the morning ( I was one of the first @ 9am). We stayed until the last person bought their items/fish ( I think that was around 11am) and then we had a convoy over to Julie's. The crowd at Julie's broke up in bits and pieces and headed out to Anubias Design. After Mark's (AnubiasDesign) the last few of us then convoyed over to Hidden Reef. After Hidden Reef we all drove to Dunkin Donuts.

I just checked out the Pa Road Trip thread from last year on ECC. I woke up at 5am and got home at 11:30pm. To this day that was one of my favorite fish days ever.

You might want to reverse it this year and end at TFP at the ACLC meeting.

A

AlishanAS

And as an extra bonus, Mark of Anubias Design will be having an open house!

We all know what that means........Hogs in Parkas!!!!!!

(for the uninitiated, those are extra large pigs in blankets)

Mark has expanded his fishroom, not spacewise, but in tankage- over 70 tanks now!!!

progress.gif

fischfan13

Banned
We will meet at TFP at 9am. We spend about 2 hours at each location.
When we get to Mark's he has a nice spread waiting for us...usually dessert included.:blush:

BevN

Members
Too bad you could not have worked that around the ACLC meeting. We are having Kris up from GWAPA and have a demo done. Should be a great meeting and I'm betting that the Fish place will have an extra stock of plants. I'm sure some of the PVAS folks and the CCA folks will be there for that one too.

mrkillie

Members
We will meet at TFP at 9am. We spend about 2 hours at each location.
When we get to Mark's he has a nice spread waiting for us...usually dessert included.:blush:

You should go to Mark's for breakfast :) By the time you get there in the afternoon, the food will be cold and picked over. :confused: If you reversed the order, you would have fresh pickins at Mark's AND the ACLC meeting. :D

longstocking

Members
There are too many scheduling conflicts in order to switch the dates or times.

The majority of ECC members come from NJ and NY. It makes no sense to reverse the order due to this. If you guys wish to be apart or the road trip then you could, if you wanted, leave early and go to your meeting.

We had to schedule it this way... due to the CCA meeting the previous week and the NEC convention the following week.

Of course... even with Marks great spread....

You get 10% off Julies and Marks stock the day of the road trip :)

A little birdy told me... quite a few fish will be for sale up at Julies and at great prices ;)

Last edited:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Ah, Two great events on the same day.
So many fishy activities and not enough weekends in the month. lol

fischfan13

Banned
I believe that the ACLC is having their meeting on 2/20 at That Fish Place.
Because the Road Trip has been canceled shouldn't stop anyone from going to TFP on that day.
I believe that Kurt and/or Pat could give more info on the meeting.
Isn't the CCA's very own Bob Bock the speaker?

mrkillie

Members
I believe that the ACLC is having their meeting on 2/20 at That Fish Place.
Because the Road Trip has been canceled shouldn't stop anyone from going to TFP on that day.
I believe that Kurt and/or Pat could give more info on the meeting.
Isn't the CCA's very own Bob Bock the speaker?

ACLC meeting at 1:00 at That Fish Place in the room past the saltwater section. Indeed, Bob Bock is the speaker..."Are Sunfish Bizarro Cichlids, or are Cichlids Bizarro Sunfish?"

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Oh yeah, I will be there. Kurt is building this club up and it will again be a major force in the hobby.
I have been a member of ACLC for about 6 years and go to most meetings. The CCA had a bunch of people there last month.
It will be good to hear Bob give his talk and see everyone especially after all this white stuff on the ground has stopped our meeting.

If you belong to the club. (join, its inexpensive) you will get a 10% discount coupon for that day at That Fish Place. It can be used on most things but not tanks, stands, canopies etc. There is a list of items on the coupon that it can not be used for but mostly dog food and such.
Have your eye on that big fluval? Just think 10% off that.
lol

lonlangione

Members
I beg to differ with your here Pat. Kurt is not the only one working to build this club up. We have a lot of people who have stepped up to take over positions to build this club. Joel Antiwiak (spelled his name wrong) took over the Tank Tales Journal and is putting it online, Vicki Oatman is our Secretary and she was real busy last month along with Chris Cornell who is the new membership chairman. Geoff Graff jumped in a helped with the raffle tickets and out auctioneer Dennis Hetzel is always there when we need him. And Craig Beauchamp the fishroom manager at That Fish Place is a great help as well. I have done a few small things as well. I hope I didn't forget anyone.
"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality" Joe Paterno

Lonny