• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

10' acrylic tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a brand new 10x3x2' acrylic tank w/ two overflows in the center of the tank. It comes with a black oak stand and canopy. The stand is 42" tall. I also have a new 48x18x18" wet/ dry filter as well. This tank comes with a 30 year warranty like all my tanks I build. This tank is located in Ohio but can have it shipped here in two days. I am asking $6850 delivered and installed in your home or business. All you will need is a return pump, heater, lights! If you have questions please email me at sales@tropical-creations.com or call me at 703-719-0978.

Last edited:

kevin911

Members
Wow nice tank, but labor must be crazy Expensive because that's 3x the cost materials (according to yourself ).

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dogofwar

CCA Members
I've got to believe that retail for a tank that big + sump + oak stand and canopy + delivery and installation + 30 year warranty would be a pretty penny.

Matt

I've got to believe that retail for a tank that big + sump + oak stand and canopy + delivery and installation + 30 year warranty would be a pretty penny.

Matt

Exactly!! Cost of materials is one thing, but to make a profit and guarantee it will last 30 years is another. Not to mention shipping cost from Ohio to here is included in the price which is about 1100.

harlowe777

Members
Sooooo..acrillics a little cheaper..but by the time you get it..its 5 times the amount..I get my acrillic from a factory 5 mins away..my point of this post..is..I have a peice im allready going to use..would any one want it built for them?..

JasonC

Members
Are you shipping it with water?
I'm guessing that you have never shipped freight before... none the less something that is 10' long?

Sooooo..acrillics a little cheaper..but by the time you get it..its 5 times the amount..I get my acrillic from a factory 5 mins away..my point of this post..is..I have a peice im allready going to use..would any one want it built for them?..

Nice thread hijack..

When you think about it, hand built tank, hand built stand and canopy, sump, shipping, install, and 30 warranty is not that bad. No one is twisting your arm here... you want to build your own 10' tank and save a few bucks? Go ahead... Others may think that this is a fair price to ensure that 400+ gallons of water don't end up on their floor... or at least that someone else is at fault for it if it does...

harlowe777

Members
Twist my arm?..im the one with the product..dont need arm twisted..theres no one tryin to sell me anything..lol..and everything I do is hand built..my tank..my stand..filters..everything!!..

harlowe777

Members
And im not saving a few dollors..its how much it cost me..im a master builder..not worried about water on my floor..my tank was built by a pro..me!!..

JasonC

Members
yeah.. but you were one of the first ones to jump in and start criticizing Chris' tank... Just saying that I don't think you would like it if someone came into your place of business and starting dumping on your products to your potential customers... and then advertising their business instead...

Just sayin'... ethics... but maybe I'm wrong... *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.