• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Filter sock cleaning?

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Never tried but I've gotten sponges used those instead...probably not hard to clean filter sock but if you have time to do it I'd say its cheaper but time=money. Give it a try
Or add a sponge in the sock that you can remove and clean.

Your talking for a sump right?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Yes right now its a wet sump with a filter sock, air stone in filter sock and 60 pot scrubers. (1" pvc overflow into a 20tall) planning to make it a wet dry.

ezrk

Members
Read up on them on the reef forums, it seems like most people using them buy a largeish supply and periodically run them through a washing machine either with no detergent or with bleach.

I find the reef forums are generally the best place to get sump information, they are just much more common on saltwater set-ups.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I have cleaned the 3 foot ones with a garden hose. Turn them inside out and spray water into them. If you have enough spares, you let them dry between uses.

Read up on them on the reef forums, it seems like most people using them buy a largeish supply and periodically run them through a washing machine either with no detergent or with bleach.

I find the reef forums are generally the best place to get sump information, they are just much more common on saltwater set-ups.

Think you will do

I have cleaned the 3 foot ones with a garden hose. Turn them inside out and spray water into them. If you have enough spares, you let them dry between uses.

Thank you for the info