• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Tank build.."for sale"..

daninmd

Members
3' depth (front to back) I think is a little too much. I had a 3' deep acrylic tank, never set it up and one reason is that it was hard to see the back of the tank real well when it was full of water. I think 2.5' would be about as far as I would want, unless it was a peninsula type tank, in that case 3' would be awesome.

harlowe777

Members
Im working with a peice I have thats 4'x2'..can go deep as I want..can do somthing else too..if you pay for the materials..

kevin911

Members
Just want to clarify 4"x2" acrylic sheet cost 1k? How thick?

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

kevin911

Members
Hi Billy can you refresh us on your background on building tanks? It can help us understand and feel more comfortable on the idea of building one. thank you

harlowe777

Members
I have peice already 4'/2'/1"thick..I use oak..not "plywood"..much stronger than others..angle iron corners..framed around and 1" front..end product looks great..not like other ghetto wood tanks..im a master builder..so its done correct..

harlowe777

Members
No..im not a "tank" builder..I can build wood tanks like mine..im saying (I have a peice im going to use)..would anyone like it to be built for them?..to there specs?..its not your average wood tank..