• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

2nd speaker for September

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Les%20Head%20Shot%20with%20drum.png

and - Les Wilson of Cobalt
SEPTEMBER 13TH 2PM
Topic:
Fish Nutrition!​

Bio:
Les Wilson is one of the founding partners of Cobalt International, parent company of Cobalt Aquatics and Cobalt Pond, overseeing Marketing, Product Development, and Sourcing for Cobalt.
Prior to founding Cobalt, Les spent 17 years with United Pet Group aquatics. Wilson began his career with Marineland as an aquatic biologist, working in and then managing the aquatics lab. After eight years, he joined the marketing department as the product development manager. His final position was the Director of Marketing for the Equipment and Consumables group, responsible for the Marineland, Tetra, Instant Ocean, and Jungle brands and private label projects in those categories.
Les personally spearheaded many of the projects you know today, including his favorites Marineland LED lighting, Bio-Spira Nitrifying bacteria, Corner flow tanks, and the Marineland Deep dimension aquariums. In May of 2011 he left UPG to start Cobalt International with the goal to get back to his roots as a fish geek and give back to the hobby the lessons he learned.​

Last edited:

dogofwar

CCA Members
If you've ever wondered what all that stuff on the ingredient and nutrition lists of fish food really means, Les is the guy who knows.

We're in for a real treat with both Steve and Les - a meeting not to miss!

Matt

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
I'm looking forward to another great meeting with great speakers!

Sent from my VS980 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

chriscoli

Administrator
Unfortunately we're going to wait on hearing Les speak. It was a tough decision, but both the BOD and the speaker decided that it'd be best to wait and have a meeting where we could focus on his talk rather than trying to squeeze him in at the last minute. I know there are quite a few folks that are really exited about hearing from him, so we'll do our best to get him here soon!