• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Pink HRP x Cutteri

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieG

Members
Here we have a breeding from Male Pink HRP x Female Cutteri, the male is from a spawn from HRP x Pink HRP that i had 8months ago and the Cutteri female came from George about 3days ago. Pink HRP x Cutteri happened yesterday.

Picture 011.jpg

Picture 013.jpg

Hawkman2000

Members
Pink HRP? Is that the Leucistic HRP? Not big on hybrids myself, but it will be interesting to see what they look like.

Hannibal

Members
To still allow some light to come through but to block any visual movement outside the tank from the fish??

ErnieG

Members
Why the paper?

I hear that your a great breeder of many cichlids, that being said the paper was used because there was alot of traffic where the tank was located. If they cant see the traffic then they wont be spooked, im sure your knew that already.

Last edited:

ErnieG

Members
Pink HRP? Is that the Leucistic HRP? Not big on hybrids myself, but it will be interesting to see what they look like.

Yes its the samething, thanks for the interest. Alot of people dont like hybrid but i do and so do several others, its a big market for them. I really dont understand why people dont like hybrid but different strokes for different follks, alot of species are hybrids in my opinion I mean look at all the fish in the convict complex or the lyretail complex in africans. Especially the lyretail complex those are hybrids if you ask me, its noway all of those fish that look exactly alike are pure, and there only variations are subtle markings and colors but they all share the same body shape. Just food for thought.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Relax Ernie - I didn't know....never covered a tank in paper...

Matt

I hear that your a great breeder of many cichlids, that being said the paper was used because there was alot of traffic where the tank was located. If they cant see the traffic then they wont be spooked, im sure your knew that already.

ErnieG

Members
Relax Ernie - I didn't know....never covered a tank in paper...

Matt

Relax? Im not tense or anything lol, I know your a great breeder so i thought that you knew and maybe did it yourself a couple times. Covering the tank works wonders when breeding spooked fish, I used paper on Discus, oscars, angelfish, severums, keyholes and many others that i have bred in the past and it works great. Didnt mean to come off as being smart but i thought you knew, you should try it sometime.

ErnieG

Members
Nice!

Arlene

Thanks Arlene, glad you like the spawn. Im with a small group people that love hybrids and we have contests between eachother and im winning so far lol. It will be nice to see the outcome of these guys, if the blue colors from the HRP plays a nice role with the cutteri that will be awesome but hybrids vary alot.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Speaking of food for thought

Alot of people dont like hybrid but i do and so do several others, its a big market for them. I really dont understand why people dont like hybrid but different strokes for different follks, alot of species are hybrids in my opinion I mean look at all the fish in the convict complex or the lyretail complex in africans. Especially the lyretail complex those are hybrids if you ask me, its noway all of those fish that look exactly alike are pure, and there only variations are subtle markings and colors but they all share the same body shape. Just food for thought.

Big markets for lots of questionable and unnatural things - lottery tickets, junk food, baseball cards, religion, 90% of television programming, shock radio, plywood/particle board construction, energy drinks, disposable everything, etc. ad nauseum - hardly represents much of a justification or indication of worth, more like a rationalization. And you might want to stay away from wishful thinking or projection regarding what constitutes a species unless you want to trot out your pedigree involving field studies, genetics, comparative physiology, etc. - there are a lot of people spewing a lot of arbitrary and capricious nonsense into the world but taxonomists are one of the most heavily peer-reviewed groups on the planet and generally not among them.

I was going to stay out of this but if you're going to start proselytizing you need to know that CCA doesn't generally allow the sales of species hybrids at meetings, so understand that there is some generous (and in my opinion ill-considered) forbearance involved in allowing it to take place on the forum. As a rule, it's just not what the CCA is about, to wit, it's not "how we roll" and if it was my call your thread would have been pulled as soon as it came up - nothing personal, just that I (and indeed most) happen to regard that kind of breeding activity as something of a petty perversion and denigration of the hobby.

Years ago it became fairly common for zoos to cross different species of big cats giving rise to leopons, ligers, leons, tigards, tigons, etc. They hardly do that anymore because they realized that just because something is possible doesn't mean it's of real value or necessarily even a good thing, particularly in the academic/zoological world where much more needs to be done to preserve native species in the wild and indeed to ensure their very long-term survival. CCA has some ambitions to contributing along those lines as well as establishing and maintaining it's own credibility that just can't be reconciled or benefit from support for what many regard as "Frankenfish".

But enough - back to our regularly scheduled programming....

ErnieG

Members
Big markets for lots of questionable and unnatural things - lottery tickets, junk food, baseball cards, religion, 90% of television programming, shock radio, plywood/particle board construction, energy drinks, disposable everything, etc. ad nauseum - hardly represents much of a justification or indication of worth, more like a rationalization. And you might want to stay away from wishful thinking or projection regarding what constitutes a species unless you want to trot out your pedigree involving field studies, genetics, comparative physiology, etc. - there are a lot of people spewing a lot of arbitrary and capricious nonsense into the world but taxonomists are one of the most heavily peer-reviewed groups on the planet and generally not among them.

I was going to stay out of this but if you're going to start proselytizing you need to know that CCA doesn't generally allow the sales of species hybrids at meetings, so understand that there is some generous (and in my opinion ill-considered) forbearance involved in allowing it to take place on the forum. As a rule, it's just not what the CCA is about, to wit, it's not "how we roll" and if it was my call your thread would have been pulled as soon as it came up - nothing personal, just that I (and indeed most) happen to regard that kind of breeding activity as something of a petty perversion and denigration of the hobby.

Years ago it became fairly common for zoos to cross different species of big cats giving rise to leopons, ligers, leons, tigards, tigons, etc. They hardly do that anymore because they realized that just because something is possible doesn't mean it's of real value or necessarily even a good thing, particularly in the academic/zoological world where much more needs to be done to preserve native species in the wild and indeed to ensure their very long-term survival. CCA has some ambitions to contributing along those lines as well as establishing and maintaining it's own credibility that just can't be reconciled or benefit from support for what many regard as "Frankenfish".

But enough - back to our regularly scheduled programming....

Yeah i think that use should have stayed out of it lol because everything that you said was none sense, im not selling hybrids nor did i advertise hybrids so what are you talking about? i said nothing about selling any hybrids at the CCA meetings lol your just all wrong dude lmao, I said that i was in a group and we do hybrids amongst eachother and that i sell to othr people.

ErnieG

Members
I think you guys are getting things confused, I never said anything about selling any hybrids at CCA meeting like where did that idea come from? Yes i did plan this hybridation but i have hybrids that happen when i had pairs of the same species in the same tank and they chose another mate. I dont know about you guys but if i have pairs of the same species in a tank and they breed with another species i take as a compliment that my conditions are good enough that a fish species goes out of its way to breed with another fish.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Short-term memory loss or wantonly obtuse?

Yeah i think that use should have stayed out of it lol because everything that you said was none sense, im not selling hybrids nor did i advertise hybrids so what are you talking about? i said nothing about selling any hybrids at the CCA meetings lol your just all wrong dude lmao, I said that i was in a group and we do hybrids amongst eachother and that i sell to othr people.

http://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16676

I have Calico convict x HRP fry that are very nice, the father is an HRP and the female is calico. I tried to get pics of her but she keeps moving lol, Selling 10 for $30 they are 2cm long if interested please call or text me at 410-800-9742.

It would appear otherwise. Oops. And the word is "nonsense", though its mangling is rather illustrative.

PS - This is precisely why some of us refused to sell you any of our pure bred HRPs but you have my full support for forming a proposition so dedicated - could call it the Materially Unrepentant Frankenfish Farmers' Society - dandy acronym as well.

ErnieG

Members
http://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16676

It would appear otherwise. Oops. And the word is "nonsense", though its mangling is rather illustrative.

PS - This is precisely why some of us refused to sell you any of our pure bred HRPs but you have my full support for forming a proposition so dedicated - could call it the Materially Unrepentant Frankenfish Farmers' Society - dandy acronym as well.

I can careless of the people that wouldnt sell me stuff lol I have 7 good friends in the club and thats all i need, HRP x calico convict is not a hybrid thats just a color variation. Just like pink version of convicts is a color variation, so is the calico so once again your wrong. If you dont care to talk to me or if your one of those people that dont want to sell me stuff which i can care less about then dont comment on my threads. Lol that sounds so childish "im not going to sell you stuff" lol people are crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.