• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

what background color...

men_arell

Members
Is best for a Peacock only tank? The colors of the fish are yellows and blues. I wanted to go with black but I feel like the blues won't be seen as much as the yellows. I tried a pearl white background on another and the yellows blend into the background. The fish also seemed to be way too light in colouration. Any advice?

Hawkman2000

Members
I would go with dark colors. Lets the cokors of the fish and pkants contrast aganst the background. Also adds depth to the tank.

I would go with pastidip black or a dark blue.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I also feel the darker colors make the fish look better.
I had all of my tanks a light to med blue for years. Then I went to black or a dark blue.
The only ones that don't look good in the black tanks were the demasoni (I know, not a peacock)when I used to breed them. They would turn almost black like the tank and you could hardly see them. Moved them out of the dark tank to a lighter one and they brightned up over the next few days.

Tangcollector

Staff member
I believe it was someone on this club's site that recommended Acrylic paint from Micheal's. They used artist's loft Phthalo blue or brilliant blue. I have used them both and they are amazing . check it out.