• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Split shipping from angels plus

Forester

Members
Hey everyone I am going to be placing an order soon and was wondering if anyone is interested in buying together and splitting shipping. Thanks

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Becca

Members
If you're interested in angels you really should check out Doug Gosnell's place - he has some very beautiful fish and good prices.

Forester

Members
Sorry guys I went ahead and ordered cause shipping wasn't that expensive. I'm not getting angels I get all my supplies and food from there.

Forester

Members
I will be placing another order in a week or two so we could split shipping on that one

Wish you were closer, I order a ton of food from there, they have the only color flake worth a hoot as well as the medicated flakes.

Forester

Members
I can bring it to the meeting a yes you can.

They have have a much larger and thicker flake, but more importantly look at the ingredients.

Ultra Color
Analysis: Min. Protein - 47%, Min. Fat - 14%, Max. Fiber - .7%, Max Moisture - 4.5%. Spray Dried Salmon, Special mix of plankton, krill and brine shrimp, Astaxanthin and Canthaxanthin from natural sources, Spirulina Powder, Carotene from natural sources , Dried Yeast, Wheat, Oat and Gluten Flours, Fish Oil, Lecithin, Vitamin and minerals. No Preservatives.

and Tetra Color Plus

Fish Meal, Dried Yeast, Shrimp Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Wheat Gluten, Feeding Oat Meal, Fish Oil, Soybean Oil, Potato Protein, Algae Meal, Sorbitol, Lecithin, Monobasic Calcium Phosphate, Yeast Extract, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Inositol, Niacin Riboflavin-5-Phosphate (source of Vitamin B2), A-Tocopherol-Acetate (source of Vitamin E), D-Calcium Pantothenate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate, Thiamine Mononitrate (source Of Vitamin B1), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of Vitamin B6), Vitamin A Palmitate (source of Vitamin A), Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K), Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Cholecalciferol (source of Vitamin D3), Manganese Sulfate Monohydrate, Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate, Ferrous Sulfate Monohydrate and Cobalt Acetate.
Color Includes: Beta-Carotene, Annatto Extract, Blue No. 2 Lake, Canthaxanthin, Red No. 3, Yellow No. 5 Lake and Yellow No. 6 Lake. Ethoxyquin as a preservative.

I am not sure what some of this is.

As for the color enhancers (and yes they are needed for the oranges, reds and yellows) the Tetra is missing Astaxanthin lock stock and barrel which is the main one for oranges and comes from algae grown for the process or the krill that eat this particular algae. They instead substitute what looks like food dye names. My guess was they tried spray paint and the fish did not eat it lol. The only natural color enhancer comes from the salmon they used to make the flake. Granted the fiber is low on the Ultra Color, but I would rather that than the rest of the garbage.

Last edited:
Per wiki fwiw

Cobalt(II) acetate is harmful if swallowed or inhaled. It may cause an allergic skin reaction. Chronic exposure may affect heart, thyroid, lungs, and kidneys.
I guess Tetra thinks what is not good for the goose is perfectly fine for the gander

Ferrous Sulfate Monohydrate Together with other iron compounds, ferrous sulfate is used to fortify foods and to treat iron-deficiency anemia. Constipation is a frequent and uncomfortable side effect associated with the administration of oral iron supplements. Stool softeners often are prescribed to prevent constipation.
which explains the additional fiber

Manganese Sulfate Monohydrate Like many metal sulfates, manganese sulfate forms a variety of hydrates: monohydrate, tetrahydrate, pentahydrate, and heptahydrate. The monohydrate is most common. All of these salts dissolve to give faintly pink solutions of the aquo complex [Mn(H2O)6]2+. The pale pink colour of Mn(II) salts is highly characteristic.
really?!? Actually I take that spray paint blast back, they did add paint

mchambers

Former CCA member
Thanks! I had looked at the ingredients earlier and thought they sounded far better than most commerically available flakes.

Forester

Members
I would like to put in an order on Sunday so if you would like to buy something please tell me by sunday