• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Making A Muderer

YSS

Members
Has anyone seen it yet? My wife and I watched it in two days! It sure is a compelling documentary. Can't say for sure whether Avery is guilty or innocent, but I don't think he got a fair trial and the law enforcement definitely could have done more to investigate the crime. Pretty crazy is all I can say.... :eek:

spazmattik

Members
An interesting thing that was not in the documentary was in the 2nd trial - 2 of the jurrors were connected directly to officers of the mantiowoc sherriffs dept. One was a spouse and one was a father maybe? I forget.

YSS

Members
An interesting thing that was not in the documentary was in the 2nd trial - 2 of the jurrors were connected directly to officers of the mantiowoc sherriffs dept. One was a spouse and one was a father maybe? I forget.

That is very interesting. If that was the case, I wonder how they ever got on the jury and I wonder why that was not pointed out in the documentary. I would think that's a huge conflict of interest.

spazmattik

Members
That is very interesting. If that was the case, I wonder how they ever got on the jury and I wonder why that was not pointed out in the documentary. I would think that's a huge conflict of interest.

I wondered that too. It was a yahoo article i read earlier. They noted a couple things against avery as well saying he drew a picture of a torture chamber in prison and that his dna was found in the trunk... both irrelevant as far as im concerned considering they had access to his dna anyway. As far as the torture chamber drawing, could have just been him expressing his feelings about how the majority of his life has panned out for him rather than a design of one or just a fantasy. They also noted 2 of 3 calls he made to the woman were blocked... again, not exactly damning evidence. I have ignored phone calls and then gotten a blocked call immediately after.. none of those people murdered me. :p

I still have alot of questions about the whole thing though.

There is a petition if you havent seen it yet.

A couple of other things that are missing from the show.

DNA from Avery's sweat was found under the hood latch of the victim's RAV 4. A bullet with the victim's DNA on it was found in Avery's garage 4 months after the weapon had been confiscated by police.

Avery was convicted in state court. The petition is to President Obama who has absolutely no authority to overturn a state court's conviction. Don't waste your time.

Of course if you think it's a good idea to release someone from prison because of what you saw on a tv show meant for entertainment you are crazier than me.

YSS

Members
I wondered that too. It was a yahoo article i read earlier. They noted a couple things against avery as well saying he drew a picture of a torture chamber in prison and that his dna was found in the trunk... both irrelevant as far as im concerned considering they had access to his dna anyway. As far as the torture chamber drawing, could have just been him expressing his feelings about how the majority of his life has panned out for him rather than a design of one or just a fantasy. They also noted 2 of 3 calls he made to the woman were blocked... again, not exactly damning evidence. I have ignored phone calls and then gotten a blocked call immediately after.. none of those people murdered me. :p

I still have alot of questions about the whole thing though.

There is a petition if you havent seen it yet.

DNA from Avery's sweat was found under the hood latch of the victim's RAV 4. A bullet with the victim's DNA on it was found in Avery's garage 4 months after the weapon had been confiscated by police.

Avery was convicted in state court. The petition is to President Obama who has absolutely no authority to overturn a state court's conviction. Don't waste your time.

Of course if you think it's a good idea to release someone from prison because of what you saw on a tv show meant for entertainment you are crazier than me.

Yea, I've read a couple of articles mentioning stuff you both stated. All I'm saying is that Avery did not get a fair trial and there were a lot shady characters involved on all sides. The fact two of the jurors were related to M county sheriff department, if true, makes this case that much more suspicious of wrong doing on the prosecution side.

spazmattik

Members

I dont think he should go free just yet. I think there should be another trial far from that area. I understand its television and the media in this particular situation has shown bias in both cases be it the news or netflix. I dont trust everything i see but there is alot of bizarre aspects to this whole thing that really need another look.

YSS

Members

I read today (Sprang's interview with a magazine) that sweat evidence was not presented during the trial because there were no finger prints found on the car. So, the reason behind that was if there was sweat on the car, then that means that Avery was bare handed. Then, how come there were no finger prints anywhere on the car? Ok, then Avery used gloves. If so, then how did the blood get on the car from his cut finger. So, prosecution decided not to present the evidence during the trial. Interesting. Would have been great if the film crew had access to the prosecution side during the trial.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...rang-we-may-represent-steven-avery-again.html