• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My new tank setup

F8LBITE

Members
Hey guys I've been out of the fish game for a while but I'm definitely back now. I got to see some of you at the meeting yesterday and I wanted to share my new set up with custom built cabinet stand.

It sucked pretty bad to have to give up my fish in a matter of a month but ultimately it was to protect my cat from being discovered by the HOA.Here's where I left off last: http://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9344

Fast forward a few years and I bought a new townhouse and got to setup a new display tank in a spot made for a 5FT tank. I had my buddy build me a nice stand from the same cabinets as the rest of my kitchen. Coincidentally the company he worked for installed most of the cabinets in my neighborhood and he was able to get me the exact same stuff even down to the knobs.

I've got two AC 110's running on it and they do a good job keeping the water clear. I have a bunch a fish so I'm currently doing 50% water changes twice a week sometimes three times. Stock list is 3 large festivums, 4 pear scale Angels, a bunch of assorted rainbows, tetras, sterbai corries, syno multis, couple of Plecos and a couple killies. Once the rainbows grown in ill thin the heard down and maybe add a few more Angels. I wanted an easy colorful show tank. There's a 3D background in the pics but I ended up not using it. It's a 6FT background that I planned on cutting to fit my 5FT tank but it isn't tall enough so I'm saving it for another tank.

And the multi tank syndrome is starting to take effect.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Glad to see you've finally got a tank set up again. Sorry I missed the meeting and didn't get to say hello.

BTW, I still have one of the fancy plecos (L-075) that I got from you years ago!

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Glad to see you back around with tanks set up! I like the custom cabinet matching the kitchen, looks like real furniture. We're here to help with the MTS symptoms.

F8LBITE

Members
Thanks guys it's really great to be back. I've got plans for discus, tropheus, big S.A cichlids especially Vieja Argentaes. I also want a big Pleco display tank too. Now that I have the space I'll try some breeding too.

AquaStudent

Members
Looking good! Your case of MTS seems manageable at this point. It won't be long until it spreads :D

That corner was begging for a tank. That's a perfect fit and those cabinets look amazing. Well done to you and your buddy.

F8LBITE

Members
Looking good! Your case of MTS seems manageable at this point. It won't be long until it spreads :D

That corner was begging for a tank. That's a perfect fit and those cabinets look amazing. Well done to you and your buddy.

thanks man. When we were looking at the house I instantly knew my show tank would go in that spot!

Spine

Members
Your cat looks happy! The big tank looks sweet, but its only naturally aspirated, It needs a supercharger or a blower:cool:

Localzoo

Board of Directors
There's no replacement for displacement!

Couldn't be put better.
An engine with a large displacement, has enough horsepower being produced by merit of its size that no modification is needed. Therefore, more low-end torque, is readily available at commonly-reached RPM levels - say around 2500-3500 RPM!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Last edited:

AquaStudent

Members
I do have one comment...from the pictures it looks like there's a symmetric gap on the other side of the fireplace. I think you need another tank :D