• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Nice Pick-up

zackcrack00

Members
A friend of my boss is going out of the fish hobby, and wanted me to have his fishroom. I went over last night and we ripped it apart and brought the first load over. It's in storage until we get the actual room ready with plumbing. The system in his fishroom was all connected and used PVC and pumps to flow from one end to the other, to the bottom rows and back up again. Mostly 4-foot tanks(4-5 40Long and 1 33L) and some 30" tanks of which I don't know the exact sizes. I just need to fit this system into my own fishroom plans and we should be set!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

chriscoli

Administrator
That's a fantastic pickup! Nice score! Did you take pics of the before setup so you can remember how things go together?

Are you going to keep the plumbing plan the same or similar, or are you going to go your own route?

AquaStudent

Members
Very nice Zack! Having a system plumbed together makes maintenance much easier but it does complicate things if you have any disease outbreaks. However, if you're careful, you should be able to avoid most of those issues.

How big is the new fishroom going to be? Sounds like it's getting a huge new addition!

zackcrack00

Members
Well, we are looking at two different rooms for the fishroom. I have the one planned as a 7.5'x11' room with 11x 10g tanks, 5x 29g tanks, 5x20L, and 2x75g, then a few extras here and there. I may end up using the room already planned and adding this system in a separate room as it's own. There are around 11 tanks total now; more than six are 4-footers. I just got another load dropped off. It would be cool to have one room with 11 tanks of African cichlids with holey rock and other buffers in the sumps and then the other room (the pre-planned one) as planned with West Africans, livebearers, Angels, oddballs, and other stuff I plan to add and decide on after everything is settled and doing well. Back to the pick-up of the system, I don't want to run it all together for illness purposes as aforementioned, not to mention overflowing, etc and if I want to change something in the tanks that require different parameters I can't do so. 11 or so tanks all the same water parameters limit my options as to variety unless I go with the cichlid idea.