• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

210g Tanganyikan Tank w/DIY Background

QuarterMiler

Members
Bought this 7xx2 210 tank last year and finally found the time(and manpower) to get it down into the basement fish room a couple of months ago. I had done the DIY BG already and it was waiting to go in as well. That was made by carving out 2" pink insul foam and covering it with 3-4 coats of drylok tinted with quickrete dyes.
Inhabitants include Opthalmotilpia Ventralis(Ulwile), Alto Calvus White(Chaitika), L. Meleagris, and Cyp. Zonatus(Chituta). I'm not used to a tank this size and it seems empty to me! I have some other Tangs, but I'm balking at adding another rock dweller in with the Calvus.

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0001.JPG

QuarterMiler

Members
I bet placing it in that corner was a treat.

You have no idea! It took 4 people to carry it through the outside door down the stairs into the basement. The tank alone probably weighs 350 lbs+. Then it took some maneuvering to get it into the room.

Rasta Fish

Members
Wow!
Very nice
Talking about low maintenance big tank
I am sure all you have to worry about is water change
filter cleaning is probably a couple times a year

QuarterMiler

Members
I like your background also. I would add another filter if you don't have two

Thanks. It is filtered with an FX5, an AC 110, and a large Hydro Pro sponge filter. The FX 5 has a 5' spray bar and it does a nice job of moving the water throughout the tank.