• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

So... thinkin' about getting a dog...

rich_one

Members
Congrats! and do we get a pic or two??? :)
Thanks, Loni!

And yes... pics will be coming. Unfortunately, the only pic I have seen so far was one that was up on the page of the rescue that had him. They have since taken it down, and have not been able to send me any other pics. So, it looks like I'll have to wait to pick him up before I can get any pics to share.

-Rich

londonloco

Members
Oh, I thought you picked him up May 19th? I was at Myrtle Beach last week for bike week. Kinda drying out if you know what I mean...lol...;)

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Good stuff, Rich! Can't wait to see pics and hear how it goes. :)

rich_one

Members
Thanks, man! Everyone is getting more and more excited, the closer we get to Saturday! And to think, my youngest has no idea yet what is coming! LOL...

-Rich

T

tug

A Roman Ladies' Dog

Great news. The Maltese are a great dog. Good luck.

P.S. When I said older this was what I had in mind -
not some decrepit thing like myself. ;)

rich_one

Members
Thanks, Michael. Harrison is home! In the midst of a cookout at the moment, but will post pics soon!

-Rich

rich_one

Members
Sorry for the delay, everyone... it has been one busy, busy weekend! Sheesh!

Anyway... without further ado, I give you Harrison! Two year old Maltese mix, saved from a kill shelter in South Carolina, via a rescue organization called Operation Paws for Homes. Sorry for some of the fuzzy iPhone pics!

-Rich

58C32868-CDAF-4EB6-8268-39DE1866107C.jpg

89AC59EB-23BF-4395-B325-FF9F2B54FF0A.jpg

A2BF2E83-57F3-4DF5-9A8D-9B248671A78C.jpg

D088DC8E-4491-4B75-ADAF-32048D42BC8C.jpg

E49EDD7D-2E00-4424-BB16-DA9C9B4C1D4A.jpg

F2521000-4618-40B8-8CDB-69E8462AC2AD.jpg

F3022750-3051-430D-A2B6-43A0093C4255.jpg

rich_one

Members
Super cute!!!!
That looks like a full-bred Maltese to me!
How are the allergies going?
You know... the rescue people said he is full bred Maltese. But when I went to the groomer on Saturday, a woman had a Maltese there, and he looks nothing like hers. It may have just been the cut though. But she was quick to question whether he was full bred, so it made me decide the odds I could know he was full bred from a rescue are slim, so maybe I should assume he's mixed.

At any rate, my wife has yet to have any asthmatic reaction to him... which, of course, is wonderful news!

-Rich

rich_one

Members
LOL @ Tug...

Thanks, Holly. I'm going to defer to you and what the rescue is telling me. Pure bred Maltese it is... not that I care, so long as wifey is not getting asthma attacks. I love the lil guy, pure bred or mixed!

-Rich

mscichlid

Founder
I don't think it matters much. If he is loved by your family and does not cause allergic reactions, your adopting him is just as much for you as it is for him. The boy needs love and care. Congratulations!

Wblaze

Members
Great looking Pup. Congrats

Looks like a poodle Maltese mix, but you know I have a fondness for mutts

rich_one

Members
Ha ha! Thanks, Marc! Shoot man... purebred or mutt, I don't care. He is exactly the perfect match for what we were hoping for so far. We have a 14 day trial with him, but barring an astonishing event... I expect him to be here much longer than that!

-Rich