• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Crazy Inexpensive Filter?!?!

AquaStudent

Members
I've read this page a few different times over the past few days and I'm still not sure. I may end up calling Drs. F + S to ask them to clarify (hopefully it's not a mistake).

I'm looking at upgrading a canister filter and am trying to decide between an Eheim2217, Fluval 406, and one of the fancier Eheims.

Take a look at this page on the Drs. Foster and Smith page for the fancy Eheims.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3579+3580+14672&pcatid=14672

The starting price for the Professional 3 1200XL Model is $129. Do you think that's for the filter or "Optional Filter Media Set". I'm not sure what that would entail. Is that just the junk they say you should put inside it? Seems steep for the accessories but inexpensive for the filter.

They have a picture comparing all the filters listed and they have the specs on the filters.

I'm sooooo confused.