• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

BlondFishGal sighting?

mscichlid

Founder
On Cake Boss. The cake he made was an old traditional Italian type with the doves in the cage. Was that you?

I did not know Buddy or his shop. Dumb luck we picked him. I will say that he and his whole family are as nutty/crazy/nice in real life as on the show!

When we went to him to get the cake, his show had not yet aired (my episode is from the first season, but our cake is rated really high by the fans, so they play it alot).

We were talking to him about having a dove made of ICING put on the cake in honor of my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary being the exact same day we got married. My in-laws had live doves with their cake 50 years ago. Very old school Italian thing!

Buddy started looking at me funny and said, "Hmmm, I got an idea, I'll be right back." He disappeared for a few minutes, came back and said, "I am in production for a TV show I recently got. How about we do live doves with your cake? I just called the producers and they love the idea"

The cake he made for us was 5 feet tall!

We never told our guests, so when the camera crew showed up, everyone just thought it was the wedding video photographers! They and Buddy stayed the whole time, and were part of our wedding/reception.

I had invited some of my good friends from NJAS to the wedding....those of you who know fish breeder / fish show legend Larry Jinks -- he got on camera on the episode!

One of the bride magazines picked up on the event, and so we then got a big spread in the magazine a couple of months later.

Things like this kinda just have happened to me my whole life.

My staff says that any day now, I'll be given a talk show.
:lol:

emartin

Members
Found the video!

After I finish uploading other stuff I'll do that.

It was funny that you had trouble getting them out of the cake cage LOL... Even funnier that originally White Muscovy Ducks were sent instead of White Doves haha..

emartin

Members
Season One Episode 7

Here's the episode http://www.megaupload.com/?d=753BGL4Z

Just enter the security code at the top right and click download, and after the countdown (should be like 45 seconds) click "Regular Download" to download, save, and watch it.

Do NOT click "Watch on MegaVideo", that's not a real link that is actually an Ad that will open a bunch of windows.

You can watch the clip involving the doves and the cake here with BlondeFishGal, without downloading the full episode: http://tlc.discovery.com/videos/cake-boss-dove-wedding-cake.html

Last edited:
how much money did it cost for the cake? did you get a discount since it was picked up by the show?

We did get a discount; especially since Buddy wanted to make it 5+ feet which trust me, is A LOT OF CAKE! We tried to get it for free, but with it being first season and the show not even airing, their budget was non-existent. So we 'only' had to pay for what a 'regular' size of that cake would have been. Still expensive, but lots less than paying for 5 feet of it!

But, he gave us TONS of those fabulous pastries of his, AND, even though the doves were nowhere near the actual cake, I knew some people would just FREAK and not want to eat the cake. So Buddy also did sheet cakes for me in the same flavors as my cake layers and they cut and served that to anyone who was freaked out, like my maid of honor :rolleyes:

The food was excellent, but the sheer amount, variety and yumminess of cake and desserts were unreal.
FOR SURE, no one left hungry!!!

Found the video!

After I finish uploading other stuff I'll do that.

Thank you Ed for doing that.
Very nice of you to spend your time on that. :wub:

It was funny that you had trouble getting them out of the cake cage LOL... Even funnier that originally White Muscovy Ducks were sent instead of White Doves haha..

I never knew any of this until I saw the show on TV! One of the cool things that TLC did was to send us a DVD of the show (commercial free of course), as well as stuff they taped but did not include. One of those scenes is when my husband and I both saw the cake for the first time, right before the actual wedding ceremony. That scene is ALWAYS in the show, b/c the reaction of the people are always over the top, people are always blown away.

They could not include it for us, b/c my husband's reactions was:

HOLY *&^&)_@%$^&*&^%$##$$#$% THAT CAKE IS HUGE!!

:eek:

Last edited:

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
That was pretty cool. WOW! what an elegant event and ya know that cake was HUGE. So now I know how theblondefishgal looks like:)

kaj41354

Members
I think we need a showing of this at the Next ECC Auction in November. It's better than listening Bill Ramble on for ............................................................... minutes :jumping0045:

Thanks all!

What I really liked best was that my mother-in-law was very surprised and felt VERY special -- and got pics with Buddy, etc. (good way for a non Italian daughter-in-law to try and score some points! ;) )

...and that my guests got to experience something TOTALLY out of the ordinary and got to be on TV! They loved that!! ;)

Plus, my husband and his pals have some funny shots with Buddy and his crew in the 'cigar tent' -- we rented a big tent to go behind the reception place so that all the guys could go and smoke their cigars...they are WAY into them. So we had cigars for everyone, and had a cigar roller there as well.... we even have a pic of me all dolled up in my wedding gown smoking a big fat one! :eek:

Wedding was a TOTAL party, nothing like a normal stuffy one, that's for sure. I do EVERYTHING like a party :lol:

Thanks for all your fun comments on this thread. Made me :)