• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

NEW FISH : Monster Clown Loach X 3 !!!

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

What are those about 9 inches? I have a couple just a little smaller. post some pics of them in the tank please I love me some Loaches.

longstocking

Members
I thought all clowns were wild caught...

Have they ever been bred? If my memory isn't failing...they haven't been bred in a tank/pond.

Nice fishy Li.... they look very happy.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I have a loach, clown to be exact, that is maybe nine years old and about 9 or ten inches long. Also Ron Leftwitch has one that he showed at the last Aquafest that was even larger, a real monster.

I do recall that someone had pictures of a spawn 20 years ago in a very large aquarium with lots of large plants. The clowns were not visible most of the time as they were in the roots of the plants. There were no other fish in the tank. And as i recall there were only about 6 adults. There was at some time an indication that one of the sexes of clowns has a greenish color.

Maybe I will look it up, but don't clowns in the wild average 15 to 18 inches. Maybe they need to get to this size to spawn.

BTW one of my other clown loaches has a large circular spot on the side in place of the black stripe. It is only on one side.

longstocking

Members
See... I have heard rumors to that idea... but I have yet to see any proof.

Anyone mind pointing me to some proof?? I would love to see pictures... info, an article, something that proves it.

More than likely. You can dig around all day and fine people that have claimed to do it but I have not heard of them breeding in captivity from a reliable source. Other than the fact that in Asia they claim to induce spawning with steroids. Lots of misleading info out there.