• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Cryptoheros myrnae - Anyone kept them?

Termato

Board of Directors
Jeff currently has them on his list for the pre-order and I'm considering if I should get a pair. They are on the C.A.R.E.S. list and I'm trying to stock mostly C.A.R.E.S. fish to breed.

Let me know if anyone has had any experience with these guys.

Thanks in advanced.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I'll be donating a group of known-provenance F1 C. myrnae to the BFD rare fish auction.

Jeff Rapps was able to bring in a few wild C. myrnae a couple of years ago, the first import of wild fish in some years. Was lucky enough to get a male and a couple of females and bred them a couple of months ago.

They're remarkably different than the ones that have been in the hobby for some time, which leads me to believe that the captive strains of C. myrnae (C. septemfasciatum, C. nanoluteus, others) have gotten mixed up over the years.

Myrnae are really shy little fish but not hard to breed. Unusual in that the females are prettier than males. Easy to sex from a young age as females have a spot on their dorsal and males don't.

I breed mine in a divided 15G and let the parents raise the fry until the fry start picking on the parents.

Matt