• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

K. xinguensis

lizardboy

CCA Members
Anyone have any experience with this fish? I'd like to keep a pair, but there's just not that much info out there and I'm getting mixed accounts of the size.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Anyone have any experience with this fish? I'd like to keep a pair, but there's just not that much info out there and I'm getting mixed accounts of the size.

I used to have one. I believe it was female. She behaved like most acara types (which is closely resembles). By that, I mean she did not bother other fish smaller than her, but would occasionally flare her gill plates at a cichlid of similar size if it came too close to her. She ate anything I offered. I had her for two years. At that point, she was roughly 5".

I hope this helps.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I've kept them a few times over the years as well. My experiences are similar to Andrew's. Fairly typical acara behavior. I never was able to get them to spawn, but I think that is because I tried keeping them in a community setting instead of giving them their own tank. They are cool fish.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Mine were in a community setting (180g) and bred quite a few times. I siphoned out some fry and raised them a couple of times, as the pair(s) wouldn't be able to do so in a community.

Well worth keeping!

Matt