• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Transporting Fish thru Airports

tremper

Members
Does anyone know how challenging it is to get a bag of fish through airports? They keep confiscating my 3.2 oz tube of toothpaste (thats obviously a colgate conspiracy) so I assume they're really going to have a proble with a bag full of water and fish that obviously aren't real (god bless the tsa). I travel quite a bit and see a lot of great fish on craigslist when Im about but can't figure out how to get them home on the plane. The last TSA person I asked almost tasered me. I'd rather not check them or ship them if I'm on the same flight and can hand carry them.

Anyone have any experience?

mscichlid

Founder
In the past, I have used a cooler that has wheels. I attached a hasp and a spring release lock. You cannot carry on. You must check them in your luggage. They will be fine if you protect them with a small styro or use a cooler.

Sometimes you can get away with putting the bags in a carry on, but I wouldn't take the chance of missing a flight by having to get out of line to ship them or be forced to throw them in the trash.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Yes - just check them.

A large styro + a small one (like they have at the Seafood Dept of your grocery) will fit in a big bag (with some room to "insulate" with your clothes).

A small will fit into a carry-on size piece of luggage (checked, of course).

Matt