• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Renovated fish room

Becca

Members
Well, it's done, with space for a couple additional tanks!

Special thanks to my dad, the architect, who told me what to do and helped me do it. He takes credit for the Dado cuts, now and forever known as Dad-o cuts in my house. Also, thanks to my mom, who entertained Isaac while we worked.
picture.php

We started with 3 shelves on a 10'x6' frame, but figured we'd better try to fit one half of the frame down the stairs before we put the whole thing together. The end result...
picture.php

OOPS! I may use brackets to reattach them at a later date so I can still have a top shelf for lightweight storage.

Thanks also to Josh at Batfish Aquatics who helped me move tanks off of my gorilla-rack shelving, securely install the new rack, and move the tanks back.

I really should've taken some "before" pictures. D'oh!

The end result...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Becca

Members
It looks great! I love the feeling of having empty tanks just waiting to be filled with fish :)

They didn't have to wait long ;). Got some hummingbird tetras, L183s and Venezuelan cories floating in quarantine.

I've got space for another 20L and another 10 gallon. Plus, if I'm desperate, I can use rubbermaid bins on the floor underneath (actually, this can be a good set-up for breeding cories).

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
They didn't have to wait long ;). Got some hummingbird tetras, L183s and Venezuelan cories floating in quarantine.

I've got space for another 20L and another 10 gallon. Plus, if I'm desperate, I can use rubbermaid bins on the floor underneath (actually, this can be a good set-up for breeding cories).

Awesome!

Becca

Members
Nice job!!!
what fish is going in the rack?

I have a 20L with a pair of Dicrossus maculatus, trio of sparkling gouramis, some splash tetras, and some marginatus pencils; a 10 gallon with some juvenile Dicrossus maculatus that I'm growing out; a 20 gallon with a breeding quad of Nannacara aureocephalus (1m, 3f); a 15 gallon with a breeding colony of blue pearl shrimp and a breeding colony of Tanichthys albonubes; a 10 gallon quarantine currently holding venezuelan cories; a 20L quarantine currently holding 4 hummingbird tetras (4 didn't survive the night - not sure why but I did drop the bag, so it's probably my fault) and 2 lil' baby L183's; and a 10 gallon holding 5 juvie banjo cats and a betta I haven't found the right container for yet. There's space for 2 more tanks - a 20L and a 10.

frankoq

Members
I see you picked up the L183's from Josh.
I bought one but had to let it go. They were so little I did not have a tank for him to let him grow. They did look really nice.

Ballen0351

Members
Nice. Thats My next next project after I build my wife a workshop to get her furniture refinishing business out of my garage Im building tank racks on one wall of my garage. I finished the chicken coop today so Ill start on the workshop tomorrow.