• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Input on fish placement

ccp2007

Members
Ok y'all, this is what I have:

TANKS- 75, 55, 30

FISH- Fem. Jack Dempsey, Fem. Festae, 2 Bichirs, 2 Jewel, Rubin Peacock, Ruby Peacock, Ruby Crystal Peacock, Yellow Fin, Common Pleco, Clown Loach, Brown Knife Fish

What I'm thinking is this:

30 gallon- 2 Red Jewels and I want to add 2 turquoise jewels

55 gallon- 3 Peacocks and yellow fin and I want to get a few more peacocks

75 gallon- Festae, Jack Dempsey, 2 Bichirs and common pleco

Question is, which tank should I put my clown loach and knife fish?

I also want to add an albino BN pleco I'm thinking to the 30? And I want to put 3-5 tinfoil barbs in at least my 55 and 75.

Opinions welcome. I just want all my gilled babies happy and colorful ;)

Happily married Mommy of 3 babies, 2 fur babies and 13 gilled babies

DBLN8

Members
"75 gallon- Festae, Jack Dempsey, 2 Bichirs and common pleco"

When these guys put on some size your going to need a much bigger tank.

ccp2007

Members
"75 gallon- Festae, Jack Dempsey, 2 Bichirs and common pleco"

When these guys put on some size your going to need a much bigger tank.

The plan is to get another 75 so we can split them when they get bigger or to get a 120+ gallon to replace it.
Hubby wants to build an aquarium that'll fit in the cubby we have. The cubby is floor to ceiling, 3 foot deep and 58" wide. We want the aquarium to be 56"x30"x30" but that's a whole new topic :rolleyes:

Happily married Mommy of 3 babies, 2 fur babies and 15 gilled babies

ccp2007

Members
So, question still is, where should the clown loach, knife fish and BN pleco go?

Leffler817

CCA Members
You can keep BNs with all of your fish, no problem. I've never had a knife fish so I'm no help. If it was me, I'd put the BN with the jewels and the clown loach (I'd get more too) with the peacocks. They're cooler in groups, IMO. Red jewels and turquoise jewels will cross breed if you have mixed sexes.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ccp2007

Members
You can keep BNs with all of your fish, no problem. I've never had a knife fish so I'm no help. If it was me, I'd put the BN with the jewels and the clown loach (I'd get more too) with the peacocks. They're cooler in groups, IMO. Red jewels and turquoise jewels will cross breed if you have mixed sexes.

So will I get purple jewels? ;) lol

Acpape0

Members
People may disagree but I would keep around 10-15 Africans in that tank depending on species. On the higher end if you get mbunas and less if you do larger fish like venestus.. Just make sure to over filtrate and stay on top of maintance.
This will help keep any one fish from getting singled out and picked on