• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wouri fish dives in sand like a fox into snow

rpcv2003

Members
I recently obtained a new fish, a Wouri, silver with a black stripe and a big "eye" marking on its gills. Fun to watch especially how he (she) "dives" into the sand. He reminds me of foxes I've seen diving into snow when they are hunting. He is in a 40 gallon high rise community aquarium with a couple of danios, white lace tetras, one dwarf flame gourami (they seem to be buds) and a pleco.

I'm not finding much information on this fish, and don't even know if it's a female or male or what it likes. I assume he's a bottom feeder so I've increased the shrimp and algae food that sinks to the bottom. Any information you can share would be welcome.:confused:

I'd post a picture but he disappears into the plants whenever I try to snap him or her!

rpcv2003

Members
Thanks. Mine is silver with a black stripe and an "eye" marking on one of its gills that looks like a real eye

rpcv2003

Members
found a picture of a wouri like mine- yea!

P5056491b640.jpg

rpcv2003

Members
I'm new to fishdom. Is that eye-like marking that appears on its right side (not on the other) a common feature with cichlids?