• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Had fish for a while, new to CCA.

Owens

Members
I have been keeping fish a while. Im sure most of you are familar with Monsterfishkeepers, which is where I spend most of my browsing time.

I usually keep oddballs like various species of gars, datnoids, bichirs, arowanas, ect.

I never realy liked cichlids in the past, but I got the got the bug unexpectedly.

I happened to come accross a member on here/MFK (danger_chicken, great guy btw) who had a great deal on a 180, I happened to be looking for one at the time so I went to pick it up.

While I was picking up the tank I noticed this colorful fish in another tank he had setup, a big green and red fish. This was new to me and I just had to have it.

After educating myself it turns out I had a nice big 10" male Bocourti.

Since then I have rapidly started aquiring CA/SA cichlids, love at first sight. Now I have a pair of yellow, super red, and roktiel severums. Picking up a Sys pair today, looking to get a handful more viejas here soon.

This website is bad (or good depending on how you look at it) for this newly found addiction.

Owen, glad to see you made it on here dude. This forum is full of great knowledgable people who enjoy this hobby. BTW the jags are doing wonderful. If get a chance try making it out to the mtg on Sat.

Owens

Members
I wont be able to make it to this meeting, but hope to be a part of future ones.

This forum seems to have a nice tight-knit group of people.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I wont be able to make it to this meeting, but hope to be a part of future ones.

This forum seems to have a nice tight-knit group of people.

Thanks for the intro, Owen.

Glad you came over here. Definitely some very good folks here.

Cheers.