• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTT driftwood for large pleco

Ading522

Members
I have three pieces of driftwood i want to trade for large bristtlenose plecos.. albino preferred.. but regular brown ones can do as well..want those at least 3.5" to full size.. thanks! pics attached..for reference is a 12" ruler..pm me if you have some!

IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1679.jpg

IMG_1680.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

IMG_1682.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg

Becca

Members
I have a male regular and a female albino, but I'm not really sure I want to part with them. I've had them since they were itty bitty... will think about it - don't really know what I'd do with more wood - I'm already outnumbered in my house.

Ading522

Members
I have a male regular and a female albino, but I'm not really sure I want to part with them. I've had them since they were itty bitty... will think about it - don't really know what I'd do with more wood - I'm already outnumbered in my house.

Thanks for the offer Becca.. No pressure.. Let me know what you'd like if you'd decide to give them.. :)

Sent from my Xoom using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Becca

Members
Two things - I think mine are only 2.5 inches and, although I need to move them before the starlight bristlenose we ordered from Josh go into the 150, I am having one hell of a time catching them.

I almost had the male today, but the dumba** rainbow cichlid got in the net and stopped me from being able to make a clean grab. Go figure.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Good luck getting a 2.5" pleco out of a 150. I know I can't catch anything out of my 180 without removing all of the decorations and dropping the water down significantly.

Becca

Members
Good luck getting a 2.5" pleco out of a 150. I know I can't catch anything out of my 180 without removing all of the decorations and dropping the water down significantly.

I put in 2-3 nets with sinking pellets in them - fish go in and if you're lucky you can get just the fish you want in the net... I got 1 out of 4 today - there's a reason I start catching fish DAYS in advance. It took me 2 days to get those BNPs out of the 29 when I moved them to the 150, then J decided he wanted starlights :11doh:

Ading522

Members
I take out all of my decorations and drop the water down to 3-4" off of the substrate. MUCH easier that way.

try that on a 125 gallon aquarium and above.. hehe.. waste of alot of water..and if you are not doing a water change, its a lot of stuff to do..

Becca

Members
I take out all of my decorations and drop the water down to 3-4" off of the substrate. MUCH easier that way.

Zack - ever tried this in a heavily planted 150? Also, ever tried lifting a water-logged 3+ foot long piece of wood out of a 150 with 2 braces?

Honestly, it doesn't matter how far I drop the water - in that tank, even standing on a chair, I can't reach the bottom. I have to get the fish to come to me.:(

Ading522

Members
Zack - ever tried this in a heavily planted 150? Also, ever tried lifting a water-logged 3+ foot long piece of wood out of a 150 with 2 braces?

Honestly, it doesn't matter how far I drop the water - in that tank, even standing on a chair, I can't reach the bottom. I have to get the fish to come to me.:(

+1 sucks to have high tanks.. but..we do get creative.. LOL